• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Fëanor

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Quite sure Fëanor is not ok. I had a vet appointment second friday from now because I suspect he is plucking under his wings. But there are also a lot of pins there so it was more just to be sure, I have finals this week and next and as his behavior hadn’t changed I thought it was okay to wait. He was perfectly normal today, I left at 12:15 to take a final, got back at 17:00. He was okay then, I Made dinner and was just chilling with them when Fëanor started breathing oddly. He Made Some weird noises before that, I cant describe it exactly but almost every time he breathed in(or out) he Made that noise. It didn’t last long but it did scare me. He also had Some discharge from his nose. Should I call the vet for emergency or can I make an appointment for tomorrow morning?
Here it also looked like he wanted to vomit(or sneeze).
The next video is a bit unclear:
After I got my charger he was all happy flapping his wings and such. He also pooped when he sat on my knee and I could scrape it off:rofl:
5BC749C4-51B2-4B0D-A29E-372E0B080087.jpeg

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Aww poor baby, the first video looks like he maY have something stuck in his nostril. The budgies sometimes do something a little similar to Fëanor but not as panicked.

The discharge would worry me but you could always ring the vet and see what they think?

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Its not clear to me, but I also think that Feanor has something lodged in his beak that is bothering him. Wally did something similar recently when she ate an Avicake too fast and looked like she was "choking." When I called my vet, they did have me bring her in right away to be on the safe side due to possible infection.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Good to get him checked out by the vet.
Glad he is doing better.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope he’s okay, and nothing serious is going on with Feanor!
:hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope all will be OK with Feanor. If you have concerns definitely contact the vet.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you Guys!:hug8:It is so comforting to have caring and knowledgable people to talk to:heart: She hasn’t picked up the phone yet, I have e-mailed her the videos and and picture. It could be she is handling another emergency right now, she works alone so when she is helping one bird she can’t Pick up the phone. She does pick up the emergency phone though. I am a bit scared to call that one though:o: But if she doesn’t pick up soon I Will:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Keep us posted. I hope everything's okay.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I hope Feanor is okay!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Thank you Guys!:hug8:It is so comforting to have caring and knowledgable people to talk to:heart: She hasn’t picked up the phone yet, I have e-mailed her the videos and and picture. It could be she is handling another emergency right now, she works alone so when she is helping one bird she can’t Pick up the phone. She does pick up the emergency phone though. I am a bit scared to call that one though:o: But if she doesn’t pick up soon I Will:)
So you didn't have to worry with the phone call. :wacky:

I can't quite get the video (hubby makes noise every time)... not sure....

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He looks like he’s uncomfortable. I hope he checks out okay!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Get well soon Fëanor! ♥♥♥

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well, I was all set to go only had to put Fëanor in their bird pouch which he normally loves, but he didn’t want to go in, not in any way. I tried to towel him but no good. I feel bad for trying to capture him, but I really need him to be checked. I have cancelled out appointment and she says thatbif I can get him in later I can call back to come in anyway. Hoping he Will go in later:fingerscrossed:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
C'mon, Feanor, it'll be ok :) The vet only wants to check you out to make sure everything is fine. Please let Robin take you today :heart:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Use a thick towel. Wrap him slightly tight like a burrito, leave enough towel to toss gently over his head while you put him in his pouch....or.... do you have a travel size cage? Or a small dog crate?

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I hope he's ok. Fëanor feel better little buddy :sadhug2: