1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Fëanor

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by TikiMyn, 5/14/18.

1. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Robin
    Quite sure Fëanor is not ok. I had a vet appointment second friday from now because I suspect he is plucking under his wings. But there are also a lot of pins there so it was more just to be sure, I have finals this week and next and as his behavior hadn’t changed I thought it was okay to wait. He was perfectly normal today, I left at 12:15 to take a final, got back at 17:00. He was okay then, I Made dinner and was just chilling with them when Fëanor started breathing oddly. He Made Some weird noises before that, I cant describe it exactly but almost every time he breathed in(or out) he Made that noise. It didn’t last long but it did scare me. He also had Some discharge from his nose. Should I call the vet for emergency or can I make an appointment for tomorrow morning?
    Here it also looked like he wanted to vomit(or sneeze).
    The next video is a bit unclear:

After I got my charger he was all happy flapping his wings and such. He also pooped when he sat on my knee and I could scrape it off:rofl:
    5BC749C4-51B2-4B0D-A29E-372E0B080087.jpeg

2. Jas

Jas Rollerblading along the road

Jasmine
    Aww poor baby, the first video looks like he maY have something stuck in his nostril. The budgies sometimes do something a little similar to Fëanor but not as panicked.

The discharge would worry me but you could always ring the vet and see what they think?

faislaq, Eloy and TikiMyn like this.
  3. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    Its not clear to me, but I also think that Feanor has something lodged in his beak that is bothering him. Wally did something similar recently when she ate an Avicake too fast and looked like she was "choking." When I called my vet, they did have me bring her in right away to be on the safe side due to possible infection.

4. Hana Baig

Hana Baig Walking the driveway

Hana Baig
    Doesn't look like something urgent, but better safe than sorry especially since their so fragile

faislaq and TikiMyn like this.
  5. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    Good to get him checked out by the vet.
    Glad he is doing better.

6. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Robin
    Thank you Guys! I should ring her indeed, Will do that now. Wish me luck, I am Terrible on phone calls:rofl:

faislaq, Ankou, Eloy and 4 others like this.
  7. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    I hope he’s okay, and nothing serious is going on with Feanor!
    :hug8:

Eloy and TikiMyn like this.
  8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Hope all will be OK with Feanor. If you have concerns definitely contact the vet.

Eloy and TikiMyn like this.
  9. TikiMyn

Robin
    Thank you Guys!:hug8:It is so comforting to have caring and knowledgable people to talk to:heart: She hasn’t picked up the phone yet, I have e-mailed her the videos and and picture. It could be she is handling another emergency right now, she works alone so when she is helping one bird she can’t Pick up the phone. She does pick up the emergency phone though. I am a bit scared to call that one though:o: But if she doesn’t pick up soon I Will:)

10. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Keep us posted. I hope everything's okay.

TikiMyn likes this.
  11. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Martine
    I hope Feanor is okay!

TikiMyn likes this.
  12. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    So you didn't have to worry with the phone call. :wacky:

I can't quite get the video (hubby makes noise every time)... not sure....

TikiMyn likes this.
  13. fluffypoptarts

fluffypoptarts Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

He looks like he’s uncomfortable. I hope he checks out okay!

TikiMyn and Eloy like this.
  14. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    Get well soon Fëanor! ♥♥♥

TikiMyn likes this.
  15. TikiMyn

Robin
    We are leaving now, Will let you know what she says!

Eloy, Tiel Feathers and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  16. TikiMyn

Robin
    Well, I was all set to go only had to put Fëanor in their bird pouch which he normally loves, but he didn’t want to go in, not in any way. I tried to towel him but no good. I feel bad for trying to capture him, but I really need him to be checked. I have cancelled out appointment and she says thatbif I can get him in later I can call back to come in anyway. Hoping he Will go in later:fingerscrossed:

17. Catherine89

Catherine89 Rollerblading along the road

Catherine
    Awe , I hope all goes well .

faislaq and TikiMyn like this.
  18. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    C'mon, Feanor, it'll be ok :) The vet only wants to check you out to make sure everything is fine. Please let Robin take you today :heart:

Eloy, TikiMyn and faislaq like this.
  19. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    Use a thick towel. Wrap him slightly tight like a burrito, leave enough towel to toss gently over his head while you put him in his pouch....or.... do you have a travel size cage? Or a small dog crate?

TikiMyn likes this.
  20. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award SuperHero

Sarah
    I hope he's ok. Fëanor feel better little buddy :sadhug2:

TikiMyn and finchly like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)