• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Fëanor

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I hope he’s okay

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Use a thick towel. Wrap him slightly tight like a burrito, leave enough towel to toss gently over his head while you put him in his pouch....or.... do you have a travel size cage? Or a small dog crate?
He also has a travel cage and I have two cat carriers, he is okay with those but loves his Pouch so I thought that was my best bet. I tried to put him in there like I usually do, with a treat, but he wouldn’t have it. He is terribly fast, I tried to towel him very gently and quickly, I missed just, if I had been a little quicker all would have been allright. He now hates the towel and flies away when he sees it, I was working with him kn accepting to be toweled but obviously we still had a long way to go. She Will see him tonight if I can get him in any cage, I Will feed him dinner on the side of their cage door, fairly certain I Will be able to close it and towel him after. I am afraid to stress him to much and whatever is/could be wrong with him Will get worse and he knows I am afraid and anxious to get him to the vet so round in round in circles we go. I have left them alone and Will try in an hour or so so everyone is calmer. The vet did say though that it could have been something stuck that he was trying to get out, what do you all think about that?

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
First, place the carrier in the bathroom.
Second. Go their with Fëanor. After notice where he are, turn off the light and throw a towel over him.
Turn on the light and place him in the carrier. Done!
Not stressful, and goes really fast.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
First, place the carrier in the bathroom.
Second. Go their with Fëanor. After notice where he are, turn off the light and throw a towel over him.
Turn on the light and place him in the carrier. Done!
Not stressful, and goes really fast.
What an awesome idea!! I Will defiantly remember that the next time, so much easier:heart: I got him to go inside and he checked out fine, but then today I found out my Avian vet is not certified:blink: I was convinced she was when I picked her a couple years ago, but J was browsing the website of the association of Avian vets and decided to look at the Avian vets here just for fun and to know where they are in case of need, and she is not one of them. She stated on her website she was a few years back, but not anymore. Altough she has saved Henkie of whatever mystery disease he had a few years back and is very nice, I think I Will switch vets, or at least take them for a checkup at another vet to see what they say. I don’t entirely trust that nothing is going on, Henkie vomitting and then Fea having that breathing isssue the week after that and Fëanor also has either a heavy molt or he plucks out Some of his feathers under his wings. Besides that my current vet operates alone while the others one is part of a clinic, So they have a lot more devices to do medical examinations.My exams are finished next friday, I’ll contact the other vet this week to make an appointment for then.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Good luck with your exams and keep us posted!! Let's hope Fëanor is just keeping you on your toes. :hug8:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How's Fëanor? Is he better now? @TikiMyn
He practicilly is, but we still have the vet check with the real Avian vet due. Tomorrow is friday and my last final, I wanted to schedule it after that or in the weekend but they didn’t have a gap for me. So hopefully we can go next monday, Maybe Tuesday. I am not really worries anymore thankfully, no more weird breathing after the first incident and his wings seem to be just molting and nothing else:bliss:
Thank you for asking!:heart:

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
Glad to hear he seems to be feeling better, and that he's getting a vet check just to be sure. :heart: