• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

EZ RIDER

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
It's a struggle to put on a harness type that i have to slip over the wings. This design looks like it might be less stressful, for me and the birds .Slips over the head and attached from the back "customizable". Made in US . MIAMI Fla. Offered and sold by Beauty of Birds, formally "Avianweb" I ordered one each for the Majors, with their names inscribed. This company makes them in many sizes and color combinations. I chose black. Cool looking vests ,I hope they work out. Here' a link...
Avianweb Bird Harness: The EZ Bird Harness - Taking the Bird Harness into the 21st Century! | Beauty of Birds

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I'm interested too..let me know how it works for you.

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
They look so professional :wideyed:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Interesting!

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
They seem to be very interesting, almost like a safer harness version of a flight suit. Let me know how they work out!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I have a couple of those for Kylo but he isn't comfy with any harness yet. I don't know if he'll have the patience to sit while I fiddle with the straps :hilarious:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I have a couple of those for Kylo but he isn't comfy with any harness yet. I don't know if he'll have the patience to sit while I fiddle with the straps :hilarious:
Are they made well, safety wise? They seem to be easier to put on than the one I have (The Aviator Harness). Trying to get the loops over and around the wings are challenging and stressful.I'm hoping these will be less of a struggle for us. :angel1:

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
I tried to test those out for them. Unfortunately they didn’t fit right no matter which size I tried:(. Let us know how they fit your kids.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
He hasn't been able to chew up the leather and the straps he didn't really care to beak but they seem sturdy! I'm not sure how it would stand against a 'too but I'd expect it to be safe

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I tried to test those out for them. Unfortunately they didn’t fit right no matter which size I tried:(. Let us know how they fit your kids.
Oh no :what: it says on their site that if the harness doesn't fit or if the bird is
Hard to fit they will custom fit make. Did you try to contact the company about that?

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
He hasn't been able to chew up the leather and the straps he didn't really care to beak but they seem sturdy! I'm not sure how it would stand against a 'too but I'd expect it to be safe
There being delivered next Tuesday...i will post an update/ video on Wednesday to evaluate the fit and quality.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
I was only testing them for the company in exchange for my professional photos for their use so I didn’t pay for them. Soon after my failed attempt Layla got ill so I forgot about them to be honest. With her plucking at the time I didn’t want to put a harness on her and get her more stressed. I’ll have to try again with Jazzi. She’s tiny and I may have a smaller one that would fit her.

Oh no :what: it says on their site that if the harness doesn't fit or if the bird is
Hard to fit they will custom fit make. Did you try to contact the company about that?

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
There being delivered next Tuesday...i will post an update/ video on Wednesday to evaluate the fit and quality.
If they work well I may have to look into getting one, as Grumbles is almost always chewing on his harness. It is beginning to look a bit raggedy where he can chew on :lol:
The only issue I see with it is having to mess with tightening the strap, as this is the hardest part of getting a harness on Grumbles. I look forward to seeing your evaluation!

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I was only testing them for the company in exchange for my professional photos for their use so I didn’t pay for them. Soon after my failed attempt Layla got ill so I forgot about them to be honest. With her plucking at the time I didn’t want to put a harness on her and get her more stressed. I’ll have to try again with Jazzi. She’s tiny and I may have a smaller one that would fit her.
Oh ok, that' good to know. To bad they didn' fit. I can see where it may be hard to fit a Rosie Breasted. My Rosie Breasted (kiwi) was wide in the breast.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes, Layla is wide breasted also. She lost all that weight during the bad part of her illness and now she’s gaining it all back so she’s back to being wide. Lol. Jazzi is a tiny 246gm and a much slighter build. It may work way better for her. I’ll have to see how she takes to it.

Oh ok, that' good to know. To bad they didn' fit. I can see where it may be hard to fit a Rosie Breasted. My Rosie Breasted (kiwi) was wide in the breast.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Yes, Layla is wide breasted also. She lost all that weight during the bad part of her illness and now she’s gaining it all back so she’s back to being wide. Lol. Jazzi is a tiny 246gm and a much slighter build. It may work way better for her. I’ll have to see how she takes to it.
I'm glad Layla is getting better, I hope she continues to stay well .