• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ernie bit my face...

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Exactly.

Cassie was the exact same way...very jealous and very protective of "her man"...me. She bit me on the hand once when I was attempting to hand the phone off to my wife. I don't know if she meant to bite me or to bite my wife but she knew she got me.

I returned her to her cage while I "repaired" my hand...and Cassie said in a sweet little voice, "sorry...sorry"....:heart:
I met a B/G macaw on a job once named Higgins. His owner had a HUGE bandage on his right hand so he explained what happened. He had grand kids over and Higgins was excited to interact with the kids so the guy (knowing better) brought him out. Higgins got overexcited and protective and chomped big time on the guys hand and in the least cut up his fingers very badly. He showed Higgins what he'd done as he took him to his sleep cage and bandaged himself up and he said Higgins was upset at himself and making kissy noises to him to apologize. He did say it was his own fault as he knew better knowing the birds excitement level but took a chance and paid the price. Higgins was very excited about all the activity going on that day and flock calling and cutting up and it was nice to get to see him from a distance through the door and the guy clearly loved and cared greatly for him even with a almost broken hand and it was clear Higgens loved him back.