• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Emergency vet or avian vet in am

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Exac
Looks like if you stick something in vertical so it can't be pushed open would work
exactly! I am sitting in the Home Depot parking lot. Think I will just head in and see what I can't find.

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Courtney, I am so sorry about Weeble's toe and your anxiety :hug8: :hug8: It sounds like Weeble is going to be fine. Will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers :heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
:dance4: :dance4: happy banana dance time. so glad weebles is ok

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So glad Weeble is done with her surgery. Continued good thoughts for a speedy recovery-and calming, supporting thoughts to you, Courtney...

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Weeble is out of surgery! Toe is fixed up and I'm heading back now. :dance4: :dance4: :dance4:
Yay! :dance5: Now be a good Weeble and leave it wrapped so it heals quick. :xflove:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Good girl Weeble!!! Now your mommy can start to relax :dancing:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
She is such a superstar. Took a nice nap on the way home, ate when we got here and is snoozing again now so I am having a much deserved beer. Then I am going to make her some fresh avian organics Mayan gourmet mash for dinner and get us set up in the guest room so we can relax and watch movies. My awesome other half is going to work for me tomorrow so I can stare at weeble all day so we will get to sleep in and not be alarmed by the alarm going off :)

I just am not sure if I should have her and beeper in the same room while she is recovering the first few days. I want to sleep right next to weeble and will be giving her all my attention for the most part so I don't want to cause more jealousy issues. Fortunately beeper loves my other half so she will be helping me by focusing on her so I can focus on Weebs for the next week or so. Any thoughts on that? My brain is so addled right now I can't really think straight.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Courtney, I am just catching up on your thread! Oh my, I am so glad that Weeble is OK and surgery went well! I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery and :hug8: :hug8: to you!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Courtney, I am just catching up on your thread! Oh my, I am so glad that Weeble is OK and surgery went well! I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery and :hug8: :hug8: to you!
Thank you :hug8:
Thanks to all of you. You guys are the best. It was really nice to have you all with me today :heart:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
On the way home I turned my interior lights on for her once it got dark and when we I stopped at a light I looked back and she was lying down sleeping like this I about died from the cuteness! Had to snap a pic before the light turned
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also that's her house for the next little while. The vet offered to rent it to me for a refundable deposit, which was really cool because despite missing a limb, she was still climbing all around the small cage I had set her up in. I got my hospital cages specifically to fit in Dr B's large hospital bay so she would have her own cage in case she ever had to be in the Heated/oxygen/nebulized, so I don't even have this kind of basic setup for home. I can't believe I didn't think of that when I moved away and left the clinic. Geez :facepalm:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Happy to hear her surgery went well. Sending more good thoughts and well wishes for her recovery and for you :hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that the surgery went well for Weeble. Hoping she is 100% soon.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so glad your little one will be okay. She is adorable.

QBird

Jogging around the block
how cute, she really needed the nap after such an evening and day :) pleased it's been a positive day for her and you.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Thanks guys! She is doing pretty well today. Taking a nap right now, but here she is preening a little bit ago. I think that is when her pain meds kicked it :) I love how she answers me with her whistle :D