• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

** Drawing Signatures **

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I would love one for a siggy pic once you catch up! So cute! :D

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
When your all done with theirs, could you just let me know? Your artwork is just amazing and I'd love a siggy. :)

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
When your all done with theirs, could you just let me know? Your artwork is just amazing and I'd love a siggy. :)
Thanks! Sure thing! :)

Note to everyone else: can we just keep the requests at 3 for now? I don't want to bite off more than I can swallow. :shy:

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
@DQTimnehs Sure! I'll start on it as soon as I get Danita's finished.
Do you want me to post pix? You don't have to put the cats in. Just the 4 birds (2 TAGs, 1 Meyer's & 1 Blue-headed pionus with no tail and short wings) and if you can think of a nice way to include Pogo (TAG, RIP), you can, if not, the 4 is ok too. I like your cartoony style! :) My favourite colours are blue, green, grey, purple. Hate orange, not fond of yellow. Thanks so much! :D

Here are some pix of Tiki, as she's not a typical BHP:
Tiki-Feb2013-06.JPG
Tiki-Feb2013-08.JPG
Tiki-Feb2013-10.JPG

Let me know if you need the others posted. Thanks! :D

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh, and the others are Darwin, TAG :tag: ; Quack, TAG :tag: ; Itsy, Meyer's :meyers: .

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
Kiwi BG, Newman TAG and Bea CAG
You did a great job on the others!!! I can't wait :)
View attachment 170025 View attachment 170026 View attachment 170027
I'm sorry I haven't been able to post yours up yet! I intended to finish it Friday evening, but because of a sudden change in plans I had to go clean up my old rented-out house (we had some very evil tenants move in) and didn't come back till very late. And then we had some problems with our comcast account this morning, and I only just got wifi.

I'm finishing it now!

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana

Do you want me to post pix? You don't have to put the cats in. Just the 4 birds (2 TAGs, 1 Meyer's & 1 Blue-headed pionus with no tail and short wings) and if you can think of a nice way to include Pogo (TAG, RIP), you can, if not, the 4 is ok too. I like your cartoony style! :) My favourite colours are blue, green, grey, purple. Hate orange, not fond of yellow. Thanks so much! :D

Here are some pix of Tiki, as she's not a typical BHP:
View attachment 170113
View attachment 170114
View attachment 170115

Let me know if you need the others posted. Thanks! :D

Tiki is adorable! :heart:

I'm getting started on yours now. This will be a busy week for me, so I don't know exactly when it'll be ready, but I'll do my best. :)

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
Also, can you explain a little bit about the size proportions between the different species? I've never met a meyer's, TAG, or a BHP in person before, so I have absolutely no idea of how big they are to each other. :o:

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
Also, can you explain a little bit about the size proportions between the different species? I've never met a meyer's, TAG, or a BHP in person before, so I have absolutely no idea of how big they are to each other. :o:
Maybe look up size comparisons on google images to get an idea?

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Quack & Darwin, Timnehs, weigh 325 grams. Tiki currently weighs 268 or so but varies from 250 or so. She looks smaller with no tail or long wing feathers. Itsy weighs 114 grams.

For size comparisons, here are links to the Fids vs Soda Can pix. Tiki & Itsy are at the bottom of page 6: Fid vs Soda Can - a visual aid in size of all species | Page 6 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum .

Quack & Darwin are in the middle of page 7: Fid vs Soda Can - a visual aid in size of all species | Page 7 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum .

They are pretty good proportionally in my siggy. Do you need better pix?

Thanks! :D

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
@DQTimnehs

Ok, so I have the outline pretty much done, but I just want you to double check and make sure everything is in order. And if you want any changes made.

Pogo is the bird on the far left, wings kinda embracing all the others. Then there is Quack, Tiki, Itsy, and Darwin in order.

EDIT: Looking at your current siggy again. Itsy definitely needs to be smaller. And for some reason while drawing him/her I thought she was a Senegal... :o: I'll change her markings to those of a Meyers!