• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

downpayment on a Hawkhead

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I am still in love with these birds. That being said, my fear over arranging bird care is pretty large. My upcoming trip is for work and there is no getting out of it. @Fritzgerald16 I will pm you tomorrow as I am interested in your option. The birdstore was cool and said they would definitely sell me one in the future. I have a year to get a solid plan in place. The upside is that it will give me time to try to get an expandable habitat cage. I just feel that the socialization will be so important and if I am stressed out about bird care it won't help. I am an excessive worrier, I need things solid. Being told that they won't watch my bird because it is too dangerous makes me worry that they are not qualified for my Grey. From what I have read, socialization and reading the bird well lowers the danger time to hormone season. Lots of sites compare them to caiques in personality, a hawkhead shouldn't be unmanageable for me. I am disappointed right now. beyond disappointed. A year of planning should resolve the problem. I'll repeat that until it is true. Everyone here was so incredibly helpful, y'all are great.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:

Maybe this was not the right bird/time. Time does seem a bit rushed.
July is barely more than a month & you are still not 100% after surgery.
It would be nice if they would apply the deposit to another bird or refund least part of it as they just held if for a few days.

HH seem to be playful like caiques. So far Penny not so much but she is not a young bird.

Maybe you will find a female as in general may be easier esp during hormones.