• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"DIRTY BIRD"...

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:wewin:
:heart:Milty!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@cassiesdad Thank you for always sharing Milton with us! You could just as easily keep that precocious psittacine to yourself but you don't. :hug8:Thank you. Every glimpse of Milty is precious.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
:fairy:Million you're amazing

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:rofl:

I have started emailing Milty's stories to hubby. He loves them. (He still doesn't believe a bird can interact like that, though)
I've met Milton. He's pretty amazing. :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have started emailing Milty's stories to hubby. He loves them. (He still doesn't believe a bird can interact like that, though)
I totally understand that. If someone came to me and described Milton and his "interactions," I probably also would be skeptical. Heck, I'm STILL get surprised to hear what I hear from him sometimes.
My wife and I are always asking each other, "Did I hear what I thought I heard?" :wideyed:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
At least you have each other to check in with to make sure you're not losing it! :laugh:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad Thank you for always sharing Milton with us! You could just as easily keep that precocious psittacine to yourself but you don't. :hug8:Thank you. Every glimpse of Milty is precious.
I always like to say that a little bit of Milton belongs to everyone here...and I get to clean up after him...;)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I always like to say that a little bit of Milton belongs to everyone here...and I get to clean up after him...;)

Yeah, I own a couple of crest feathers...not the other end! ;) :lol:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
You have to be careful in that situation...I obviously don't want Milty to bite, but I do want to encourage him to vocalize his feelings...so I use positive redirection by talking to him, and not letting him get to me physically.
Milty loves praise and attention, and it works better than food as a reward...or redirection...;)
It's so amazing you can teach him to vocalize his feelings and wants. I'm sure his previous owners would be amazed. Are all umbrellas capable of this type of interaction? I know they say greys can count and recognize letters. I would love to teach Freddy things, but I have a ways to go, it will be a while just getting to know him.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It's so amazing you can teach him to vocalize his feelings and wants. I'm sure his previous owners would be amazed. Are all umbrellas capable of this type of interaction? I know they say greys can count and recognize letters. I would love to teach Freddy things, but I have a ways to go, it will be a while just getting to know him.
I have a feeling that his previous people- his main person was an older gentleman- treated Milton very well...probably doted on him, in fact. Umbies are pretty intelligent, I guess, but I think 'toos are a very intelligent species overall...although I could be a little biased about that! G2s are extremely adept in mechanical sense...opening locks, unscrewing things, etc. Dr. Pepperberg showed the world so much with her studies involving Alex and the other Greys.
As for Freddy, keep working with him...he'll learn things at his own pace...

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a rascal that Milty is! Dirty Bird huh? Heee heeee!!! If they ever come out with a bird shower as a prize on Price is Right, you're in real trouble!