• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Curious, what product helps rid of parasites on a parrots wing?

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

That is one of several reasons that I only board Jasper at her vet's. Any bird who board there has had an examination before boarded and she has immediate veterinarian care if she needs it. Besides the techs and admin crew spoil the heck out of her and carry her around most of the time. She has been Dr. Drigger's patient for 21 years.

That's what I've always done in past, vet boards them....or I have a trusted person come in at my house and watch them and care for them. Everywhere else I don't trust. Just not worth it.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Boy that's the truth. And with all the illnesses that are airborne, it's really a crapshoot. Not to mention parasites as your friend found out.

Another good reason to bring a pet sitter in.

Exactly....friend is very good with his bird, bird lives the life of a king...lol...but he could use a bit more cleaning of cage, but the the birds chop is fed at table, eats with his bird. Seen far far worse cleaning to be done in some rescues, but his isn't bad, could use more cleaning, but that's just me, I'm a clean freak. So I suspected he or his bird I should say, contracted the mites from boarding.