• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Contest - winner gets $50 donation to rescue

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Chaiah, I googled it and supposedly budgies are very much domesticated. :)

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Chaiah, I googled it and supposedly budgies are very much domesticated. :)

I suppose that would be according to many who have budgies. For an animal to be, truly, domesticated it has to have - as part of its innate nature a affinity for being with humans. For instance, the Russian fox was not, innately drawn to being with humans. The breeding process involved removing those fox from the breeding program who were fearful of humans and continuing the breeding process with those fox who were friendly. Hence, there is now a line of Russian fox that is truly domesticated.

The same measure would apply to all sorts of animals. The domestication process is more than having some birds who either tolerate us or even seem to want to be with us. ;)

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I will PM you the address I use when I donate. I send money monthly.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
No I meant here. I must have missed it. Her name is Keri. :heart: Thanks again!!! :hug8:

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Sorry. Was a bit preoccupied with getting Peaches but the donation was made. Thanks, guys, for participating!

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Okay, on to the next trivia question and a slight alteration in award for correct answer. You now have a choice. You may choose to have a $50 donation made to your favorite animal/avian rescue OR you may choose to receive $50 worth of supplies (toys, food, cleaning...) from one of Avian Avenue's vendors: List of AA Vendors & store profiles | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I need to make arrangements for the vendors for you to be able to order and I'll pay. The $50 must include shipping. I know how expensive supporting family of feathery fiends can be, so figured I'd help this way. So, you get to choose. Hopefully this will help... :) So, you can help your favorite rescue, OR you may elect to receive supplies if you need them.

Chaiah

PS - now to try to remember what the trivia question was that I was going to post. LOL

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry. Was a bit preoccupied with getting Peaches but the donation was made. Thanks, guys, for participating!
Of course!! You take all the time you possibly need!!!! This is just plain generous, and the trivia alone is fun. :hug8:

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Who passed away on this date in 1959? (No googling or internet searches of any kind. Honor trusted)