• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Considering giving Emily a shot at breeding....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
now wait...did she lay eggs before Lucy died or is it something that happened after? could it be that she just needs another friend, not necessarily a male...werent she and Lucy friends? just an idea....of course getting a bird for a bird doesnt guarantee they will like each other.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
now wait...did she lay eggs before Lucy died or is it something that happened after? could it be that she just needs another friend, not necessarily a male...werent she and Lucy friends? just an idea....of course getting a bird for a bird doesnt guarantee they will like each other.
the eggs started before, and she never liked Lucy:huh:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
The last egg episode with Bea was when she actually decided to try and hatch the Babble Ball. She sat on it for 6-10 weeks. Her *thing* was to keep it from talking. Every time it talked, she got mad at it. Anyway, she hasn't laid anything for months.
I wonder if there is something about this that helped stop the cycle? Something about it making a noise, or sitting on something that doesn't really resemble an egg.
FYI she was a chronic egg layer.

Trying to brainstorm here Saroj, so you can try something else.

I remember when you tried the darkness thing, you didn't like it.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The last egg episode with Bea was when she actually decided to try and hatch the Babble Ball. She sat on it for 6-10 weeks. Her *thing* was to keep it from talking. Every time it talked, she got mad at it. Anyway, she hasn't laid anything for months.
I wonder if there is something about this that helped stop the cycle? Something about it making a noise, or sitting on something that doesn't really resemble an egg.

Danita, that' so funny ...the babble ball and Bea!
Hope it stays that way!
My brain is exhausted from this whole thing so I'm going to let this thread subside and not stress others out too :)
Thank you everybody :)
Miss E is right now on my shoulder Demanding scritches which the vet prohibits :huh:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Saroj... just wanted to give you lots of :hug8::hug8::hug8: This thread stresses me out whenever I see it :( Can't imagine how you feel right now. :hug8:
i'm sorry. i won't post about this anymore :)

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
i'm sorry. i won't post about this anymore :)
Don't feel like you need to do that Saroj. :heart: We're all here to try and give you advice and give you lots of :hug8: to help you through this difficult time.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Saroj,no you are not stressing anyone out so please dont stop your thread. That is what the forum is about, trying to help each other out. :hug8:

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
What a tough decision you are faced with. I think you are so good to your flock. It would be sad, knowing that the tiel would go to another home. I think you are best for her!!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris

I am sorry to laugh but that is just hilarious :hehe: Maybe she thought hey I better stop this egg laying they are now talking to me :hehe:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I was thinking she might of gotten a taste of what a real baby would do, keep chatting and harping. :hehe:

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
we're all here for you and miss emily :kiss4::grouphug2:

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
Well my 2 cents is to get her a mate, let her choose if you can, and let them live with you and raise a clutch or two of littles. I would certainly not send her away to a breeding program.

Ginger
I totally agree with Ginger as well! Keep her with you! And let her try. :hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
maybe I will get a lot of people disagreeing with me. Sam is healthy like a horse...is Emily healthy? so far so good? now listen...just let her be...We are letting Sam be, making sure she eats well and she is happy...she is happy...if her life is shortened..so be it...she won't be happy in someone's elses home where she doesn't lay eggs..because you see,...she loves us...so what is it Saroj? give Emily the best life you can with you where she is happy
Those are my feelings exactly. As time goes by Tika and Amanda are becoming more and more bonded and although I'm doing everything I can to discourage full time breeding they are hard to stop. Meaning Amanda is going to be laying eggs yet again. She is showing all the signs already.

Feed them well and keep them fit is about all we can do.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
"Originally Posted by Anne & Gang
maybe I will get a lot of people disagreeing with me. Sam is healthy like a horse...is Emily healthy? so far so good? now listen...just let her be...We are letting Sam be, making sure she eats well and she is happy...she is happy...if her life is shortened..so be it...she won't be happy in someone's elses home where she doesn't lay eggs..because you see,...she loves us...so what is it Saroj? give Emily the best life you can with you where she is happy."

Those are my feelings exactly. As time goes by Tika and Amanda are becoming more and more bonded and although I'm doing everything I can to discourage full time breeding they are hard to stop. Meaning Amanda is going to be laying eggs yet again. She is showing all the signs already.

Feed them well and keep them fit is about all we can do.
I strongly agree with Anne and John. For what it's worth, Kelp continued to chronically lay eggs even after raising her babies. So allowing her to 'experience motherhood' was a complete failure in stopping her from continuing to lay an egg every week or so for the next year. The only reason she has stopped (I think) is because now Lucy and Sun BOTH pick on her enough that the environment isn't friendly/happy enough for her to want to lay. When I separated her from the other girls (because I felt bad about them pestering her) she had another egg on the floor within three weeks. :(

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I strongly agree with Anne and John. For what it's worth, Kelp continued to chronically lay eggs even after raising her babies. So allowing her to 'experience motherhood' was a complete failure in stopping her from continuing to lay an egg every week or so for the next year. The only reason she has stopped (I think) is because now Lucy and Sun BOTH pick on her enough that the environment isn't friendly/happy enough for her to want to lay. When I separated her from the other girls (because I felt bad about them pestering her) she had another egg on the floor within three weeks. :(
Now that is very interesting. Conflict acting as birth control. One kind of stress cancelling another.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Now that is very interesting. Conflict acting as birth control. One kind of stress cancelling another.
ok i'll throw her into the caique cage with them tomorrow....that should fix her!:lol:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

ok i'll throw her into the caique cage with them tomorrow....that should fix her!:lol:
That will definitely fix her. But then we'd have to kill "you" my dear. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.