• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Considering getting a companion bird

NandayLover

Walking the driveway
How do you find the noise?
And do you find it difficult to go out at times and leave them all at home?
They all live in one room and I don't mind the noise and neither do my parents but my sisters say it's extremely loud and most people who come to visit say that.

And I rarely leave the house. Maybe once a month? Lol I much prefer to stay home with these guys but when I do, I do find it difficult to leave them. But Conures can be independent and don't really suffer from me leaving. They can all stay entertained well in their cages.

xgreenbudgiex

Walking the driveway
They all live in one room and I don't mind the noise and neither do my parents but my sisters say it's extremely loud and most people who come to visit say that.

And I rarely leave the house. Maybe once a month? Lol I much prefer to stay home with these guys but when I do, I do find it difficult to leave them. But Conures can be independent and don't really suffer from me leaving. They can all stay entertained well in their cages.
Yeah I'm a bit worried about the noise, but my family has survived so far with my screaming budgie living in a tin shed and two dogs that bark their heads off at unpredictable times :dog4:

I also do go out, just not every day and usually in the evenings, so I don't think that will be a problem..

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
How do you find the noise?
And do you find it difficult to go out at times and leave them all at home?
The answers to those questions for pretty much any parrot are "Loud" and "yes" :D

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
Yeah I have looked into cockatiels, but like I'm just not sure about the dust
I find the dust isn't a problem, but I don't have allergies. If you're worried about the dust because of allergies, then I think you're definitely going the right way with Indian Ringnecks. I also love the blue and green ones. Have you seen the greyish blue ones? They're very pretty too.

xgreenbudgiex

Walking the driveway
I find the dust isn't a problem, but I don't have allergies. If you're worried about the dust because of allergies, then I think you're definitely going the right way with Indian Ringnecks. I also love the blue and green ones. Have you seen the greyish blue ones? They're very pretty too.
Yeah but down here blue and green seem to be the more common colours,
Anyway I'm not to fussed about colour, its the bird that matters :)

Yeah I can't cope with much dust, IRNs would be perfect for me :laugh: