• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Completing my Flock.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
So ever since I did my original research on Ollie, my parrotlet, I always loved the turquoise dilute mutation. However, situation after situation arose where I couldn't get one, or that another bird needed me.

After fostering many other smaller birds (suns, green cheeks, lovebirds, etc) I learned quickly that parrotlets are my heart bird. And after having the two of them; Ducky and Ollie, it warmed my heart to see their little antics. With me making more money now, to not only afford checkups, cages, etc I can also afford my additional, and final bird (assuming no birds need fostering!) to my flock.

I'm finally getting my true "dream bird". Ultimately, he won't be any more "special" than my two other p'lets because I love them all so much. :joyful: I'm just so glad to be adding this little guy to my flock.

I don't have a name yet, but here's the flock-mate to be:
first photo i got, of just him.

photos of him and his brother.

:) He won't be coming home until late August, but I cannot wait to have another screaming/squeaking, food-stealing, beaky brat in my life!

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Aww, what a little cutie! :heart: I adore my p'let, but the thought of having one more boss me around chases that idea right out!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Aww, what a little cutie! :heart: I adore my p'let, but the thought of having one more boss me around chases that idea right out!
Ollie is definitely the boss of me, Duck bosses Ollie and Ollie comes whining for his momma. It's quite amusing. And amazing. I can't believe how vast of personalities they have. Ducky hasn't totally warmed up to me yet, but he accepts food from my fingers, and if he's on the floor he'll waddle to my hand and accept an elevator ride. He also LOVES my hair. As for Ollie, he's a little tumor. He never leaves if he can help it. :B

Last edited:

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Congrats!
The male dilute turq males, female american white fallows and either gender in albino are my favorites.

I can't wait to see posts of the three of them together!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Congrats!
The male dilute turq males, female american white fallows and either gender in albino are my favorites.

I can't wait to see posts of the three of them together!
I know, you seem to loveeee the lighter variety, and I remember your post about turquoise birds. Do I spy a turquoise linnie in your signature? Orrr.. what is that little pixel bird? :D

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He looks beautiful, congrats!

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I know, you seem to loveeee the lighter variety, and I remember your post about turquoise birds. Do I spy a turquoise linnie in your signature? Orrr.. what is that little pixel bird? :D
I am a fan of lighter colors!
Though I do adore the timneh and my dreambird is a vasa...but otherwise. :hilarious:

That pixel bird is a linnie. And there just might be one in my future. I don't know yet.
I think there is a little bird in my future. Being birdless is killing my soul. :shy:

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I am a fan of lighter colors!
Though I do adore the timneh and my dreambird is a vasa...but otherwise. :hilarious:

That pixel bird is a linnie. And there just might be one in my future. I don't know yet.
I think there is a little bird in my future. Being birdless is killing my soul. :shy:
Littles are just wonderful. I had the chance to spend time with Macaws, and however smart and beautiful I'm just not a big bird person. I love my littles. :xflove:

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Littles are just wonderful. I had the chance to spend time with Macaws, and however smart and beautiful I'm just not a big bird person. I love my littles. :xflove:
I don't think I could do a large macaw either. I'm a larger than plet person though.
They're just too little for me.
But I love seeing yours! :roflmao:

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I don't think I could do a large macaw either. I'm a larger than plet person though.
I had thought p'lets were too small for me, but then when I got them.. they're just perfect. So much sass in such a little body, I must say it's rather funny to watch them get set off. Ollie hates my boyfriend, and lets him know verbally on a day-to-day basis. But how can you take his birdie curses seriously when he's the height of my finger? :bbundies:

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:Congratwav: on your new fid. What a cutie!

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
:angel5: :heart: :heart: He's SO adorable!!

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
I have both linnies and a mac. They are both great in their own right. I've known several plets and they are a good compromise, feisty like a bigger bird, but small like a linnie (linnies and pacific plets are about the same size.)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping she'll update with my often with photos, so I can update you guys. :D

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
OMG sooooo cute!!!! I love that color! Congrats on the new baby! :heart: