• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatoo cere Help

DarkenedStar2

Moving in
She's an old bird so she doesn't have much toys as she doesn't like to play with them unless it's paper or a broom but yeah, she's been switched from outside to inside until it heals and her antibiotics are done. Now the fun part is to actually get her to take them without vicious biting, she does not like the taste at all.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
When I had to medicate my cockatoo I had the same problem. I mixed a thick, sweet syrup of sugar, water and corn starch (cook it so the starch cooks) and added some of that to each syringe of meds. Make it very sweet and thick, so you don't need to increase the volume by too much.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
You can use unsweetened apple juice, baby food like carrots puree, squash puree, unsweetened apple sauce, the only thing she must take all. I use sneak meds in grapes, mango piece, and orange slice.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Could try soaking it into a smallish piece of toast and spreading a little peanut butter over.