• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cochise Has A Tic

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I don't have any ideas. I just wanted to send you lots of :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks for the hugs :hug8:
Have you changed or modified anything in his diet recently…say over the last couple of months??? :unsure1:
No, but thank you for the question Gerard. :hug8:

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
My birdies like flipping their wings. Hope all is well! :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Carole watch him, are you sure it is a new behavior? Is he doing it all the time or does he stop if he is eating or playing with a toy? Is he molting or growing in new feathers that could be bothering him? I would give him a good shower, let him dry and really watch him.

I, like you, was very upset and worried when I saw this with Korbel as none of my other birds do it to his degree. I have videos of him doing it and I realized it was only when he was sleepy. Thinking he never got any rest during the night I bought a camera to watch and record him overnight. To my surprise he slept like a baby through the night.

:hug8: How's the little man this morning?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Sarah, and everyone. This morning he is vocal and active as usual. I just watched him as I made them new bowls of dry food, and he did it slightly once. I am waiting for the vet's assistant to call me back. While it would be a bummer to spend $100's to perhaps more to get all the testing done, if it is warranted we will just have to go through with it. I will take your suggestion. Showering him is not an option, but I can put the big 48 ouncer in there and he will take a good bath in it.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I hope he is ok! :hug8:

Darwin does some repetitive things. If he is anxious to come to me, he shakes his wings and flips his head in a half circle.

Sometimes when he's playing he touches things repetitively like someone with OCD that has to do things in a certain order.

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Hoping for good results from the vet, and that this is nothing serious :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Troy does not think he would do a three step motor movement if it were a 'tic'. He says that is controlled. We also think he may have picked it up from Holly. Red fronts do a little wing adjustment thing, she also does the bow down hold the wings out and shake that you see often with macaws. Still no phone call. I might have to call back. There is this one receptionist there that to me is absolutely not doing her job. She has never followed through for me. And this morning she answered the phone. I will call back after she leaves this afternoon if I don't hear back.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Troy does not think he would do a three step motor movement if it were a 'tic'. He says that is controlled. We also think he may have picked it up from Holly. Red fronts do a little wing adjustment thing, she also does the bow down hold the wings out and shake that you see often with macaws. Still no phone call. I might have to call back. There is this one receptionist there that to me is absolutely not doing her job. She has never followed through for me. And this morning she answered the phone. I will call back after she leaves this afternoon if I don't hear back.

I have one of those at my vet's office, too :banghead: Very frustrating and I sure hope Cochise is jut fine :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The vet's office said to watch him. I have not seen it since. He also suggested he could be having some hormonal feelings. He said to watch his eyes as another sign that something is not right. I think he is going to be ok.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Glad to hear, Carole :) I kept coming back last night to see if there was an update.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Gypsy did a funny little head/wing twitch/tic thing. head and wings twitched at the same time. Almost thought it was her version of dancing, but it could have been a hormonal thing. I'll see if I can find a video of it. Nothing was ever off with her vet/blood work and it wasn't frequent or seemingly related to anything in particular, except maybe when she was being feisty.

~Tiko~

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
:heart: Hope everything is alright!