• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chewy.com's kindness

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
In June, I placed a large order with Chewy for Friskies cans as that is what Jasmine could eat without throwing up. Lydia would eat it too so it was a win.

Ever since Jasmine left us in November, Lydia has not wanted to eat any Friskies. I have a ton of it left due to the sale price and replacements that were sent, but she turns her nose up to it. I mentioned donating all my food to a local shelter, and my friend asked if I could return some for a credit so I could get more food Lydia will eat.

I contacted Chewy late last night, letting them know my situation. They emailed me today to let me know they refunded me ALL of the Friskies I bought, and to donate what I have left to a shelter or friend. I have partial cases left, etc, and they refunded me every penny I paid. Chewy did not have to do anything. This order was 6 months ago.

It was not a ton of money but it was so kind and unexpected. Now Lydia will be happier, as well as the shelter kitties who will also benefit from their generosity!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The email they sent:

Hey there Shawna,

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear you've lost your beloved Jasmine. I've processed a refund of $xx.xx for all the cases of Friskies, even the Friskies Classic Pate Variety Pack Canned Cat Food since Lydia doesn't seem to be the biggest fan of that either. This will credit back to the MASTERCARD ending in --xxxx, and that’ll reflect back to your bank account in 3-5 business days depending on your bank or lender. Please feel free to donate the left over food that Lydia won't eat to a local shelter/rescue, or to anyone who could use it.

Here at Chewy we're all pet parents and can completely understand how hard this time might be for you. We know our animals aren't just pets, they're family. If you care to, feel free to share a favorite photo or a story so that we can remember her too.

We know it can help to talk to other folks who can relate so always feel free to reach out. We're here for you now and we'll be here in the months and years ahead, know that we'll always be here for you.

A home without a cat — and a well fed, well petted and properly revered cat — may be a home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?” - Mark Twain

Warmly from one lifelong pet lover to another,

Casey A
Customer Service
Chewy

Last edited:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, that's just lovely. Nice, nice company. And FedEx Home Delivery means that it comes to my condo door instead of the downstairs mailroom. I have some stuff in my Chewy cart right now. Your story is yet another reason for me to support them.

I have a Chewy story too. When I bought Gigi's first cage, it arrived with a single broken area on the bottom. I called to have just that piece replaced. I offered to send a picture but they said it wasn't necessary and they would overnight a new complete cage to me. I got it the next day. They said keep the broken one for parts or donate it. I happily donated it to the local SPCA.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
That's great! I get coupons in the mail from them but have not placed an order with them - will have to do that next year!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes I have had cans dented before and they either refund me for them or send out a whole new case. I once left a review on some food they didn't like, not even a bad review, just that my pets didn't care for it, and they refunded me without me even asking.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's wonderful of them. I always appreciate their excellent customer service. I remember when the rep gave me a $20 credit (wound up being a $15 credit on my cc which was fine by me) as well as sending me a new case of food for only 1 dented can. When I thought I got the wrong rope perches because the branding and manufacturer's name had changed I called them and they sent me two more perches even though they were branded the same.
They always send holiday cards and one year the rep sent Spee a birthday card.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Wow that's fantastic!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
That’s so nice, what a great company!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What an excellent company to deal with. I have no idea who they are but I have now read so many great reports of how brilliant their customer service is.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a wonderful story. My sister has touted them for a few years now. Her kittys have to be on special food so they don't get crystals in their urine. They're waters full of mineral s that cause this issue. Now they have a water filter(PUR) but they've either got 3 or 4 kitties w/ issue 1 a female(low likely hood of having an issue as they usually pass). Hers is a vet prescription food. Chewy has been great. I was going to get my fur baby s food there when she was going thru renal failure but we lost her sooner than we thought.

:hug9: Rain

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's such a caring, kind email! They obviously have great people working for them.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
that's really good to know thanks:chipmunks:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I love Chewy's. I bought handfeeding formula from them and it smelled off. I contacted Kaytee and they refunded my money and took some for sampling. It all turned out fine and it just was a variation from a previous batch. It did not smell wrong just stronger than usual, formula has a strong smell anyways.

Back to Chewy's, I talked to customer service and wanted to know if I could get them to check and see if they had a different batch. They couldn't check but offered to send some to me and then I could return it if it was wrong. I told them Kaytee had already refunded me but they said they would send it anyways.

In the end, I got two free bags of formula worth about $50.00.

They are always very quick and go above and beyond.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love Chewy's. I bought handfeeding formula from them and it smelled off. I contacted Kaytee and they refunded my money and took some for sampling. It all turned out fine and it just was a variation from a previous batch. It did not smell wrong just stronger than usual, formula has a strong smell anyways.

Back to Chewy's, I talked to customer service and wanted to know if I could get them to check and see if they had a different batch. They couldn't check but offered to send some to me and then I could return it if it was wrong. I told them Kaytee had already refunded me but they said they would send it anyways.

In the end, I got two free bags of formula worth about $50.00.

They are always very quick and go above and beyond.

Wow! I really like companies willing to go that extra mile. Its too bad we'll probably not have a fur baby again!

:grouphug2: Rain

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Oh goodness, those are pretty! Nice!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Flowers....how sweet and kind. That is absolutely amazing. I am totally surprised by that.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Flowers....how sweet and kind. That is absolutely amazing. I am totally surprised by that.

Me too! I never get flowers. I opened the door expecting them to be for the neighbor.

I may need to go do a chewy order now just because :heart:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Me too! I never get flowers. I opened the door expecting them to be for the neighbor.

I may need to go do a chewy order now just because :heart:

That's the idea ...