1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caring for my 16 year old Tortie

Discussion in 'The Cat Tree' started by Love My Zons, 7/9/19 at 12:30 PM.

1. GoDucks

GoDucks Moving in

Jamie
    She is really cute. I too have a sixteen year old tortie cat, who thankfully, doesn't appear to have any health issues yet. Because you caught it in the early stages, Abby should have many great years to look forward to.

JoJo&Loki and Love My Zons like this.
  2. Love My Zons

Love My Zons Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Vendor

Claire
    Hopefully, we will see about that. I am thinking another year possibly.

Right now she wants to eat, walks around and as most sleeps alot.

Thank you! I wish everyone here with Torties would post pics of theirs!

;)

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  3. JoJo&Loki

JoJo&Loki Sprinting down the street I Can't Stop Posting!

Kelly
    Awe such a sweet kitty, hope she continues to feel better. My parents 14 year old tuxedo is going through similar issues. My 16 year old son is taking it hard as he picked out their cats for them at age 2 and they’ve been very close. It’s so hard when you love them so much, and their time with us is so limited. I absolutely agree with you about the quality of life- I pray she thrives with this treatment and you get more time together :heart:

Love My Zons likes this.
  4. Love My Zons

Love My Zons Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Vendor

Claire
    Thank you :) yes, time isn't in her side in the realm of years, but cats are odd and can get better too. She really gobbles the treats up. As long as she eats, that's the main thing. And she is, she can have whatever she wants!

suileeka and JoJo&Loki like this.
  5. suileeka

suileeka Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Lindsay
    Your wish is my command!

Spook.png

Hope Abby gains a little weight. Spook was down a few pounds from her bouts with IBD, but she gained a pound back over the last couple of months since we got her nausea under control. (Also probably helps that we keep the other cats away from her food now too.) As long as they still want to eat, you know they want to hang in there.

JoJo&Loki likes this.
  6. Love My Zons

Claire
    Awe! Just beautiful. There is no coat color in cats that is that unique as a snowflake then a Tortishell. She is my 2nd Tortie. And I am sure there will be another someday. Thank you for sharing, she's beautiful.

JoJo&Loki likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)