• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Canary fledglings having seizure episode i need help - sad update #52

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
I am confused.

You said this 13 days ago;

But saw a vet;

Is it possuible to return to the same vet you saw recently? Call them and explain what is going on?
I don´t believe any vet would turn their back on a chick if they heard you were having problems.
cuz i went to his house not the clinic, but now there’s a curfew we cant go outside. I’m calling him hopefully he’ll pick up

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Speak with the vet and see what they recommend.
If they advise to bring the bird to his house, you can call your local authorities and double check you will be ok for an emergency vet visit, request an email as confirmation if you want more reassurance.

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
Speak with the vet and see what they recommend.
If they advise to bring the bird to his house, you can call your local authorities and double check you will be ok for an emergency vet visit, request an email as confirmation if you want more reassurance.
thank you so much for caring :) will do thanks again!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Remember too, it’s a canary. Meaning travel can be detrimental to his health. If he’s acting better, maybe just hang on and wait/watch.

Of course calling the vet is a good idea.

Please understand that on a forum like this, we see people do lots of crazy things. It’s not that we are suspicious of you, just that we don’t know you.

I am glad that you care so much about your baby. Have you named him yet?

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
Remember too, it’s a canary. Meaning travel can be detrimental to his health. If he’s acting better, maybe just hang on and wait/watch.

Of course calling the vet is a good idea.

Please understand that on a forum like this, we see people do lots of crazy things. It’s not that we are suspicious of you, just that we don’t know you.

I am glad that you care so much about your baby. Have you named him yet?
yes i named him coopy. unfortunately the doctor isn’t picking up ill just wait and hope it goes away

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
update: i managed to take coopy to the doctor’s house and he gave me an anti fungal powder, he told me to mix the powder with water and then use this solution to prepare baby cereal as coopy is still being hand fed and he’s still young. But i’m worried if it’s really okay for the bird to take his medication whenever he eats as the medication is in the food he’s eating so idk is that fine, what should i do i’m worried if he over doses but that’s what the doctor told me to do, so idk should i keep feeding him regularly as if the food doesn’t contain any medication. he’s sleeping now and i also noticed that he’s gotten a bit lazy, could it be a side effect from the medication?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That is mostly Nystatin which is a widely used medication for fungal infections in birds (and humans). Use it as directed by the veterinarian. Did he tell you how much to put in the water that you make your food from? If you aren't going to take the vet's advice, don't bother to go see one.

Last edited:

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
i’m just worried umm i was asking cuz i’m worried and i am following his advice. 1 table spoon of the powder in 1 cup of water
That is mostly Nystatin which is a widely used medication for fungal infections in birds (and humans). Use it as directed by the veterinarian. Did he tell you how much to put in the water that you make your food from? If you aren't going to take the vet's advice, don't bother to go see one.
[/QUOT
umm i was asking cuz i’m worried and i am following his advice. 1 table spoon of the powder in 1 cup of water

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
The dose is right, trust your vet. If it has a fungal infection that’s the best treatment, and your bird will start feeling better very soon.

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
update: today morning my sick bird coopy passed away. We still don’t know why but all i know is that he’s happy and healthy in heaven. thank you guys for helping me in this tough journey.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss.
:sadhug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh no! Are you going to have a necropsy done? That can maybe tell you what was wrong so the others don't get it.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

jam123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joanne mike
yeah
Oh no! Are you going to have a necropsy done? That can maybe tell you what was wrong so the others don't get it.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
all vet clinics are closed, the dr can’t do an autopsy at home. so idk he’s dead now and tbh it’s really depressing not seeing him jump around the cage anymore. i’m never raising canaries again, don’t wanna be responsible for another death.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m sorry for your loss