• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can you guess what this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Your ivory bills are beautiful!

Matt

Arachloroptera

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Thanks Matt, I really try hard to keep them in top shape as softbills are much less hardy as aviary birds than the hookbills. They are very great pets as Tanya has expressed and although I love my macaws the small toucans are probably the only bird I would actually keep inside my home. My macaws live at my retail store (tire store) and come in and out to their "walkabouts" every day.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Wow I'm gonna sound really dumb but I never knew a Tucon was a real bird... I never saw one before.. I just always just thought the Fruit Loops Cereal bird was a make believe bird.. ROFL

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Wow I'm gonna sound really dumb but I never knew a Tucon was a real bird... I never saw one before.. I just always just thought the Fruit Loops Cereal bird was a make believe bird.. ROFL
Type in 'toucan' on YT and you'll get tons of videos. What's strange is in person, some of the larger species look so outlandish that on more than one occasion I've heard people comment that they seem artificial. The look of incredulity on people upon first seeing them is nearly as entertaining as the toucans themselves are. :D

M

M.C Bird Rescue

WOW Tanya he is REALLY big now! When I met him he was tiny...NO WAY! That is so crazy! He is gorgeous!!!!

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
Type in 'toucan' on YT and you'll get tons of videos. What's strange is in person, some of the larger species look so outlandish that on more than one occasion I've heard people comment that they seem artificial. The look of incredulity on people upon first seeing them is nearly as entertaining as the toucans themselves are. :D
I agree they can look rather unreal, especially curl crested aracaris, which look like stuffed animals that someone decided to make using curly ribbon for their crests.
I've had the chance to handle a curl crested too, very neat birds, their crests don't even quite feel like they are real feathers, and yet they are, I'd love to have a pair some day.

PaisleyAracari

Moving in
Beautiful Ivory Billed babies!! My friend has one, all of the aracaris/toucanets are just stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.