• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can all your birds be out at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyxena

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Morgan
Most of my flock is out together for a few hours daily. I do not let the Bourke's parakeets or cockatiels out with the macaws and my conure though. They are just too gentle and trusting! But in our aviary room (converted workshop, my work in progress!) my 8 zebra and society finches, 2 diamond doves, Amherst pheasant, conure, and the 3 macaws are all out every day. But they all have lots of room and their own areas. They all do fine. Little guys just avoid the macaws, who pretty much stay put on their hanging gyms. My little crimson bellied conure, Teaka, just hangs out with the finches and doves alot, and Edward the pheasant just keeps to himself. All the Bourkes and the 2 cockatiels are out together often too.

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
Sure! But only because they are not flighted and I have seperate play areas. :lol: Tonka gets SUPER excited about Violet, so I don't think they will ever be out together. Little Vi could NOT defend herself from an obnoxious caique!

Perry and Tonka can share a playstand most of the time, unless Tonka is bouncing off the walls and then she tends to pestet Perry too much. Perry and Violet can share a playstand, under direct supervision. They are really cute together!

Forthesilent

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Laura
I can have them out under suprevision but Jack is a little too pushy for my comfort level so I dont let him near Bear. I just don't want any accidents but here's a picture of them out together :)
013.jpg

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Heck no! Paco hates all things that move, and Phoenix and Picaso can be out together, but heavily supervised because they can get into little tiffs now and then, and I need to be there to stop it before it gets out of hand. And all the big birds are scared of tiny little Pancho! So funny. I wish I could have them all out together, that would be amazing.

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
Peaches - PFC & Melon YSGCC can be out together. Cherry -RB & Citrine - Meyers can be out together. Peanut can be out with anyone. Kiwi can't be out with anyone! lol And Pickles - BTC has to be alone. :( Just human friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.