• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can all your birds be out at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
I was considering taking in another bird but in talking with the owner the bird was aggressive with other birds so it got me thinking about this...

Everyone is in the living room and can all be out together. Angels cage is far enough from the P'lets cage that they can not get to each other very easily. But mostly everyone minds their own business with me occassionally having to referee.
The P'lets of course hang out together but sometimes Willow and Sampson will hang out and Sampson and Angel are getting more friendly with each other. They won't play together but will sit close in comfortable silence. Cooper hates everyone but Willow so I will sometimes have to break up a little tiff with him and Sampson.
But all in all everyone can be out together and get enough out of cage time with mom.

The end result is I would not bring in a bird that will limit the out of cage time my flock gets.
Someday when I have a house with a bird room I can get my dream birds but for now I am content with my current dream birds and will focus on their happiness:heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nope,I wish but alas no. Nala will attack Simba as soon as she sees him.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
When you bring any new bird into the household it can change things, especially in cases where a bird is aggressive towards other birds.

Keiba, my Indian Ringneck and Leila, my Green Cheek Conure are able to be out together at the same time safely — I had introduced them to each other while they were both young, however, I still supervise when they are out together. Then there is Mishka and Quinn, Cockatiels who get out of cage time with Kero, Budgie.. they also share a cage, and get along really well.

Last edited:

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
not unsupervised. Loki is now caged when I'm gone, he bit Baby's nose through her cage bars! :( It wasn't the serious, but I told him enough is enough!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I let them all out under close supervision.
I could leave Shade and Piper or Shade and Zuri and possibly Shade and Joey alone in a separate room if I had to, but beyond that everyone has to be watched when out together.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Asher, Oliver, Devlin & Nola all can be out together...Can't have the twins out with them Aubrey & Augie are bullies and cause problems. I def can't have Poppet out my parrotlet, she can't even tolerate another bird in view without going completely insane.

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My two are out at the same time, but always supervised. Lucky will attack Big Bird if he can and since Big Bird is much bigger Lucky could get hurt, so I keep a very close eye on them!

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
mine are all out together every day , the only I have to really watch are Squiggy and Cody , Squiggy likes to jump in Codys face and bite his beak she is a brave little girl

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I wish they could, but no. The linnies and tiels can be out together - they're generally all allowed to stay out all day, and usually when I get home from work I find the linnies *in* the cockatiel cage, and the cockatiels somewhere else. :rolleyes:The tiels and the budgies can also be out together . . . I guess my real issue is that the budgies and linnies can't be out together, and as I've said elsewhere, the linnie cage has to be completely covered before the budgies can come out. :(

With the new conure, things will be different yet again, I'm sure, but I don't yet know how.

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
Thankfully all my brats can come out at the same time, providing i'm near to supervise the conures (who like to pick on a couple of the cockatiels). :p If the conures were out of the mix i would have a VERY peaceful flock indeed, but i couldn't be without my conures.

Chevelle

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jessica
Yes, with supervision. Chevelle likes to hop on the other birds' tail feathers...I think she finds it amusing that they run away.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yes, with supervision.

penguin

Avenue Veteran
Yes, they are all out together now. The budgies will preen Pretty, my grey tiel, and spend time in the tiel's flight cage.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Thanks for sharing guys!
Yes I definitely supervise mine when they are out but I like the fact that they can all get more out of cage time because I do not have to alternate anyone. If I had a bird room things would be different but I don't right now.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Yes, all my guys can be out together, under supervision of course. Chewy and Nin are fine together, but I have to watch the other two lovies closer. Leyla will not back down from Chewy and Chewy doesn't like Rigby. For the most part it is fine though:)

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
Yup mine are all out together everyday. Holly is in another room so there isnt too much worry about her getting to the other two littler girls. She has come for visits on more then one occasion though.
Yoshi and Emmy share a space and tolerate each other. As long as they dont get on each others cage there is peace, but I always have to supervise to make sure they stay where they belong.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Yup mine are all out together everyday. Holly is in another room so there isnt too much worry about her getting to the other two littler girls. She has come for visits on more then one occasion though.
Yoshi and Emmy share a space and tolerate each other. As long as they dont get on each others cage there is peace, but I always have to supervise to make sure they stay where they belong.
Why do you keep holly in another room? Just curious. I have always wondered what my mid size guys would think of a big bird once I get one.

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
Mine are all out at the same time. Not sure why it works but it does. I guess I let them be birds and maybe it has lots to do with most of them not being able to be handled, no jealousy I guess.

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach

Why do you keep holly in another room? Just curious. I have always wondered what my mid size guys would think of a big bird once I get one.
Yoshi and Emmy are in my room and Holly is in the living room mainly because there isnt enough space for her big cage in my room. My room use to be the dining room but we put a door up and made it my bedroom so its very open and Yoshi and Emmy arent closed off. Holly is in the living room right around the corner so they are still very close to each other but just enough space to avoid major accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.