• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bunny daycare... Ughhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I don't think it's so much about the money as the fact that they didn't do what you paid them for and didn't care for your bunny properly, but I would still insist on a refund. From your last post, it sounds like they didn't even apologize for what they did. I think I'd try to go above the manager and maybe talk to the owner, or as high up as you can go, if the manager doesn't seem to care. Also, be assertive. If you aren't assertive enough, they will walk right over you because they'll think you won't do much about it.

I would contact the Better Business Bureau and I would be telling other pet owners in the area about what they did, starting with whoever recommended them to you if somebody did.

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
Hmm.. Ill have to let this BBB know [:
Money isnt the issue here its that i paid them to take care of my bunny and they somewhat took advantage of that? Im very picky when it comes to my animals, i only want the best for them and thats why i have NEVER let anyone take care of them except myself. My little guy could have got really sick or even got a disease and then that small amount i paid them would have turned into a huge vet bill or even worse losing by little guy.

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
Bunnies are also really sensitive to certain things and it is really, really important to make sure they always have access to water and don't get too hot. What a terrible story. Maybe next time you can find a family who is considering getting a bunny (or something similar) and pay them to do it instead. I would be wary of anyone offering to do it for free, unless of course you know them.

Tarax

Real Name
Tara
I think for now on ill stick to family doing it or close friends who are available.

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
How did you pay (if you don't mind me asking)? If you paid by credit card I would call the credit card company and tell them (they will dispute the charge on your card with the company). No matter how you paid definitely call the BBB and if your area has a local paper and it has a pet care section I'd call or email and let them know too. Is there a bunny club or web board in your area? If so I'd give them the heads up so they don't take their bunnies to that awful place.

Tarax

Real Name
Tara
I paid cash and they gave me a recipt.
Ive let everyone i know not to take their bunny there, i go on rabbittalk so maybe ill post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.