• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bunny daycare... Ughhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
So i just picked Dexter up from bunny daycare and they didnt clean his cage the entire week ! They were supose to twice. I got him home and theres little flys everywhere ! they were biting my poor baby :(
So i cleaned his cage and went around swatting flies. He seems alright now..my first time leaving him in the care of someone else and this happens ! I have never asked anyone to take care of my baby before, ive always gave him a bath, cleaned his cage, and everything by myself.

All i can say is i am NEVER going there again.
Sorry AA i had to vent to someone ...

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that is terrible..I hope you said something to t hem!!

Tarax

Real Name
Tara
I gave them heck ! lol I tried to get some of my money back because you pay extra for the grooming and they said they had "spent" the money already :S Im going to call the manager when she comes in after 3 today.

gingersnap

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Selena
What kind of answer is that?! :eek: Wow. I'd definitely call and get ALL your money back. That's not cool at all!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
That is awful! I would have taken pics and demanded a refund! I would definitely complain and make sure no one ever brings their pets there!
Poor bunny:(

Tarax

Real Name
Tara
I never thought about taking pictures. I just feel bad because there was like 6 or 7 other rabbit boarding there until their mommies and daddies got back from vacation or w.e..

MessyBeaks

Real Name
Leigh
Tara, I can put you in touch with someone in St Thomas who will do a much better job if you're interested

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
OMG that's awful! I would be livid (as I am sure you are) and would complain till I got all of my money back!

Tarax

Real Name
Tara
Im alright for now until august. Were moving to a larger apartment, you should inbox me the info though because ill need someone to care for him for 2 or 3 days . Thank you though! thats very kind of you.

I called the manager today and got put on hold for 20 minutes and then they hung up ! i called back and no one will answer the phone ! ughh...is it just me or should people like that be reported? can you even report people for that? i dont know...
I wish i had family that could watch him for me but they took in my rotti and my cat :p They charged me 5$ a day for 7 days plus an extra like 15$ or so for cleaning because they were supose to wash the bin and clean his water bottle and dishes and bath him.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I would let them know that you are going to let everyone you know, know about their lack of care for your bunny.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
I'm fuming just reading this!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I truly hope they give you your money back at least. Although it doesn't change the injustice done.

HungryBird

Don't call. Show up in person. Haha, I've done this and loved seeing the expression on the face of the nasty phone lady. She was much more hesitant to be nasty in person. I would demand a refund and would absolutely report them to the BBB.

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I, too, would go in person and talk to the manager. If they refuse to do anything, let them know you'll be spreading the word about who they cared (or didn't) for your rabbit and let them know you'll be reporting them to the BBB. My guess is that they'd be pretty quick to change their mind if you say something like that.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Yep, show up in person & wait outside until you are sure there are other customers inside. Then go in & in a loud voice demand your money back & start commenting about the flies that came home with your bunny & the condition of his bin & water bottle etc. My sister did this in a meat market that sold her bad hamburer & she went into the shop with the entire pot of chili she had made & loudly proclaimed YOU SOLD ME BAD MEAT over & over. They just wanted her to shut up & not only refunded her the money for the hamberger but for the beans, seasonings, onions, etc. :dance5: They just wanted her to GO AWAY! Don't be polite, reasonable, adult. Pick out one sentence to repeat over & over...like, "My bunny was covered in FLIES when you returned him!!! "My bunny was covered in FLIES when you returned him!!! "My bunny was covered in FLIES when you returned him!!!" And keep it up till they give you your money back! And then go report them!

Tarax

Real Name
Tara
I took the adivce given and i went down to the store and asked to talk to the manager and she said then manager wasnt in but the girl behind her had "manager" under her name on her name tag LOL i yelled at the girls and shes like well you didnt pay for us to clean the cage and etc so i showed her my recipt and shes like oh well we dont give refunds and she left.

Whats BBB?

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Ooooooohh I'd be ticked off!!! It's not even about the money, its your fur baby that they didn't take care of when you paid them and trusted them! UGGH! I wouldn't let this go. Not at all!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Eeek! Thats so sad :( I hate leaving my pets with people.....so scary! Hopefully bunny is okay.

HungryBird

I don't think you were rude enough! I'm the type of person that will stand in front of the store with a sign saying exactly what happened. They will respond to that, trust me. When I was in high school a girl in my art class (we were making t-shirts conveniently enough) got fired and her job wouldn't pay her for the last two weeks she worked there. My art teacher told her to go back and tell them if they do not pay her immediately our entire class will be wearing "Pay Krista" shirts and standing in front of their store letting everyone who walks by know what happened. She was paid immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.