• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Harness

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm considering purchasing the Avianweb EZ Budgie or Parrotlet Harness & 6 Ft Leash from amazon and I wondered if anyone had experience with this product. Also, Kiwi is an english budgie so I'm not sure if it will fit him.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Have you tried and look up for reviews?
I found reviews for the Aviator and the Mini wings. The Aviator is obviously the best bird harness on the market, but it was too loose for a parrotlet

Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I just got one last week, though mine is not for an English budgie. I have a size 6 for a Quaker. I only introduced him to it today so I don't have much experience with it to share unfortunately. I have not even attempted to put it on yet. He was scared of it. But it looks pretty good for a smaller bird.

They do have a size guarantee if you get it from Amazon. The paper that comes with it says that if you happen to pick the wrong size they'll happily send you a replacement in the right size so that's a good thing if you're not sure about fit (though it can be a bad thing too because the thought of buying something for a parrot that was returned before is a little scary if that bird had something contagious.)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I waa just searching through the q&a part on Amazon for budgie sizing and this is what I found on the parrotlet size

This harness is the LIGHTEST one available - weighing only 2.1 grams / 0.07 oz (5.9 grams or 0.2 oz including leash). It should fit MOST parrotlets, lovebirds, and budgies / parakeets. If a harness doesn't fit, we will send out a custom-sized harness specifically for your bird. If fitted properly and undamaged, this harness should be comfortable and ESCAPE PROOF see less

You can order the parrotlet size and if that doesn't fit they'll make a custom one for you

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Things I Like:
  • No pulling wings though loops
  • Detachable leash, good for bird carriers
  • Costs less than Aviator
  • You can have your bird's name written on the harness
  • Shipping fee = $0.10 :D
Things I Don't Like:
  • No Prime shipping on Amazon
  • Small range of colors
  • Can't think of anything else

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Things I Like:
  • No pulling wings though loops
  • Detachable leash, good for bird carriers
  • Costs less than Aviator
  • You can have your bird's name written on the harness
  • Shipping fee = $0.10 :D
Things I Don't Like:
  • No Prime shipping on Amazon
  • Small range of colors
  • Can't think of anything else
It comes quick even though it's not prime. Mine came in like 4 days

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Okay I'm back! I was having dinner (Vegetarian Burritos!)

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It only has two reviews, both 5-star, but one person said "They're not tamed at all and they decided they liked this" about their budgies. :bored:
Yes, I saw that one too, and she was holding her budgie, it looked completely fine, so I really don't know what she means with "not tame at all". I found out that people have very various definitions to that term, many would write an ad and say "not tame not would voluntarily land on your head or shoulder, and eat from your hand" This is tame enough to me! On a video about harness, the guy said your bird had to be completely tame so you could handle it up and down and take it in your hand without the bird reacting at all... This is on another level..!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Is a parrotlet close in size to a english budgie?

Also, Pichu is adorable!
Thanks :) Parrotlets would probably be smaller than English budgies, although they are a little sturdier than Austalian budgies (got a cute little belly budgies don't have ;)) but all in all, if it sits comfortably around their shoulders you can regulate the fit around the belly and the difference in size is not that big, I'd say try a smaller version, better than too loose but the best is probably to ask the vendor!

But this model seems interesting, I don't really care for the color as long as it is not some weird purple :smug: and the jacket-style is stinking cute! I have a mini-wing that seems VERY light and easy to chew through, I will use it for training and see, then maybe I'll go for one of those too. waiting for both your pictures and comments about training while I work on getting Pichu comfortable here, then we'll start training too, want to try it on before Summer's over!! :dance4:

Last edited:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm going on vacation soon so I needed something to transport Kiwi in! *also to sneak Kiwi into rest-stations so he dosen't overheat in the car :) *

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm going on vacation soon so I needed something to transport Kiwi in! *also to sneak Kiwi into rest-stations so he dosen't overheat in the car :) *
sounds like a good plan! Will he be allowed in? Most places here won't allow animals inside, and I was actually shocked to realise that some hotels do accept dogs for a fee but won't let birds in :shifty:
I had a little session with Pichu in the bathroom just before bed, and he sat on the window's handle, looking outside and telling me a whole lot, I hope that means he wants to try his harness on and go outside some time soon ;) so I expect a detailed description of all the stages of your training with Kiwi!