• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie Harness

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm going to a relative's house. They live in a gated community with a pool! (good thing I don't have a cockatoo, they have fines for loud dogs and probably loud birds too)

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Will he be allowed in?
The carrier has flaps that can make it look like a backpack (and also keep the bird calm if it likes the dark) so people won't notice! Also, Kiwi is not very loud.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The carrier has flaps that can make it look like a backpack (and also keep the bird calm if it likes the dark) so people won't notice! Also, Kiwi is not very loud.
unless someone has allergies.. :confused:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
We have the same type of carrier (I absolutely love it by the way) and were just talking about taking the birbs on an outing.
I suggested a picnic...my daughter suggested the movie theatre :roflmao: I said that’d be great til the movie gets loud and our “backpack” gets even louder lol

Have fun on your trip!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
We just went on a practice ride to Agway and when we checked out the cashier asked what was inside the carrier (she asummed a cat) and when we showed her Kiwi she was suprised! She said that Kiwi was cute and she also said that she had never seen someone carry their bird around before! (In Connecticut there are not as many exotic pets and there are no Quakers because they can damage powerlines if they get loose.)

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Kiwi is an english budgie so I'm not sure if it will fit him.
An English budgie will probably fit in it. American budgies are too small. If you got your budgie from a pet store then it might be an English-American mix and it may not fit

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If you got your budgie from a pet store then it might be an English-American mix and it may not fit
I got my english budgie from an all-birds store and to my knowledge it's not a hybrid.

An English budgie will probably fit in it. American budgies are too small.
Thanks for the advice!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I just ordered a blue on for Pichu :cantwait: We've been training with the mini wings now, he is supposed to take a seed through the head loop but he gets stuck at the eyes-level... We'll continue to try until the Avianweb arrives, that's at least a month anyway. I can't wait to see him in it, it'll look like he wears overalls!! :giggle:

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
ive never actually found a harness for a budgie that works well without a hassle to put it on I got a free harness from someone on instagram its a piece of junk to put it on was a hassle and it didn't even fit correctly

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
ive never actually found a harness for a budgie that works well without a hassle to put it on I got a free harness from someone on instagram its a piece of junk to put it on was a hassle and it didn't even fit correctly
Did you try this model? At least they sent 3 sizes for the price of one to make sure I have the correct size. The advantage of this one contra the one I bought first is that you don't need to touch the wings when putting it on. We'll see, training starts next week.