• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Brown headed behavior help

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I REALLLLLY like stands Matto makes. They seem perfect. I am eyeing "the indulger".

Thank you for showing me this.

I am considering purchasing one of those, too, during the SWS....;);):)
Depends on my finances.
Thought it would be good for the 'tiels and my Dusky Conure.

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
I am considering purchasing one of those, too, during the SWS....;);):)
Depends on my finances.
Thought it would be good for the 'tiels and my Dusky Conure.
When does the sale begin... asking for a friend... ;);)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
They will usually make it pretty obvious when it is :)
I will assume that they advertise here?

Also, can you recommend where I can get those spiral perches?

I just picked up a skewer and he was very happy with it, he has been eating spinach and peppers from it all day. I am gonna need to get another one.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I will assume that they advertise here?

Also, can you recommend where I can get those spiral perches?

I just picked up a skewer and he was very happy with it, he has been eating spinach and peppers from it all day. I am gonna need to get another one.

I know Matto has some on his website, I think kazoobirdandcompany.com does too, and other than that Amazon, Drs. Foster & Smith, and My Safe Bird Store are usually where I check :)

The Sidewalk Sale is an Avian Avenue event so they do promote it and advertise it here!

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
Thanks again for everyone’s responses. He’s been hanging outside a little more and his behavior seems better. I also got him a skewer where he spends a lot of time destroying bell peppers and broccoli.

Can’t for some forgaging toys!

Would you guys recommend I get him a friend or no?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No don't get him a friend because you just got him. Focus on him. In addition, the "friend" might not turn out to be a "friend". Can't predict whether or not birds will get along with one another. If you wind up getting another bird in the near or distant future you will need to quarantine and after quarantine time is up you will need to monitor their interactions very closely. My red-bellied siblings who used to be caged together (different groups) are now all separated because they started fighting with each other. The boys, though, are OK when they are out of the cage but the girls start chasing each other and fighting.

It's good that his behavior has improved and he is enjoying the skewer. What do you mean by spiral perches? Do you mean a Boing?

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
No don't get him a friend because you just got him. Focus on him. In addition, the "friend" might not turn out to be a "friend". Can't predict whether or not birds will get along with one another. If you wind up getting another bird in the near or distant future you will need to quarantine and after quarantine time is up you will need to monitor their interactions very closely. My red-bellied siblings who used to be caged together (different groups) are now all separated because they started fighting with each other. The boys, though, are OK when they are out of the cage but the girls start chasing each other and fighting.

It's good that his behavior has improved and he is enjoying the skewer. What do you mean by spiral perches? Do you mean a Boing?

Thanks for advice. I figured it was actually way to early to consider one after posting. Looking into into a little bit.

And yes, a boing. :)

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
I have the mini Indulger and my Linnie really enjoys it. Your bird is larger and the regular size would be great!
For the colors used on the pipes, I’m guessing it’s bandage right? How long has it lasted you?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For the colors used on the pipes, I’m guessing it’s bandage right? How long has it lasted you?
Yeah, it's vet wrap. You can choose your color. I have had The Mini Indulger for maybe 3 months and it looks brand new, I am able to clean the poop off easily. I also have The Mover that I use to give Gigi a spray bath. It gets wet several times a week and dries easily and looks new too. Gigi has never shown any interest in biting the wrap.

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
Yeah, it's vet wrap. You can choose your color. I have had The Mini Indulger for maybe 3 months and it looks brand new, I am able to clean the poop off easily. I also have The Mover that I use to give Gigi a spray bath. It gets wet several times a week and dries easily and looks new too. Gigi has never shown any interest in biting the wrap.
Awesome thanks. I feel this would last longer than a wooden play set?

I’m probably going ron buy one in the next few weeks.

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
The wrap provides grip, but also a little protection for the wood from the beak. If/when it gets dirty, you can remove it and put new vet wrap on. It's relatively inexpensive.

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
I got him a boing, but he doesn’t seem super interested in it. I’ve seen him hop on it twice.

I also got him some toys from lil monsters and he seems to be enjoying this one. I have the into to foraging one as well, but he keeps tossing the food in it when he grabs it.

Overall, behavior is improving. He’s been out a lot more too.

Thanks everyone again.

Attachments

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I got him a boing, but he doesn’t seem super interested in it. I’ve seen him hop on it twice.

I also got him some toys from lil monsters and he seems to be enjoying this one. I have the into to foraging one as well, but he keeps tossing the food in it when he grabs it.

Overall, behavior is improving. He’s been out a lot more too.

Thanks everyone again.
Great progress! :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The boings I actually use outside of the cage primarily as a small play area kinda :)

Glad he likes the toys! My quaker dumped the food the first few times too, but he figured it out :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My birds aren't into Boings either. I would put them outside of the cages but my Cockatoos would scream at them. My BFA wanted nothing to do with it and my other birds had no interest either. I have thought about trying again but I really don't need to have two 'toos scream at them again.
Good that Slade's behavior is improving.