• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Bob is drooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseybella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
Another opinion might be in order after this amount of time on meds....I have given meds for 2 months to some of my birds but you usually see vast improvement and not coming back down with something like the same symptoms after this long on meds....
Were you able to feel the crop to see if anything is in it?:hug8:
No he was biting me...He did show vast improvement when first treated...He was kept on the cip. for polyuria from somthing going on in the kidneys. The doctor said in the begining that it could take up to 2 months on the meds for the polyuria to get better which is what happened...Doc wanted him on the meds for 2 more weeks and check blood counts one more time...(which would be this monday) and if all came back clear we were done. I do like and trust our vet. He is one of the best in the area but that does not mean he cant make a mistake...My have to see another CAV:(

jerseybella

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
I am probably not explaining my self well from being upset.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Is Bob some what tame?
Can you towel him without much stress on him?
I would talk with your vet and get feedback...but it NEVER hurts to get second opinions if problems keep happening...NO one doctor is perfect...he might miss something another on would pick right up on...
Also ask about giving Probotics along with the meds also...
Always ask as many ?'s as you can with your vet and have him explain his reasoning behind what he does...THIS helps you understand what is going on, and both of you can build up knowledge to help your bird....No vet/doc should be upset by people wanting to know more about things....it is call EDUCATING owners! A great vet with do this!:hug8:

jerseybella

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
They want to test for PDD.....Have to collect stool 2x a day for 3 weeks:(

Status
Not open for further replies.