• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird pounding his beak on cage like hammering

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
My sennies and Male CAG do this.
Sam the CAG sounds like someone as at the door. I don't fall for that anymore
;)
:lol: that is just tooo funny!

that reminds me of when my daughter still lived at home. her bedroom door is right by skittles' cage. he would pound on the wall of her room by the door and yell 'hello??? jeeekaaakaaaaa!!!" (her name is jessica) and she would yell back 'no one's home!!!' they would do this back and forth for 20 mins sometimes!

Nyx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Randi
The male cockatiel I used to have, Stormy, would do this a lot on different objects to see what it sounded like lol it was so cute, he would tap tap tap, then hold his ear up to the object as if to listen hehehe

jeme3

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
In cockatiels, it's called beak banging, and for cockatiels at least, it's a possessive thing, like "this is MY cage".

Morton beak bangs on my shoulder. I think he's saying "this is my human".

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Koopa does this when she is claiming something, and also when she is feeling feisty and wants to rough house

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret slides the beak across the bars (like the old westerns where the guy in the jail cell uses a tin cup because he wants attention)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton pounds on his cage when a toy hand puppets come into his kingdom. He's saying "If I can get to that,I'm gonna kill it"....

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Paco does this sometimes, mostly when he gets excited or frustrated, but usually in the shower. He loves to shower, so I think he is just overly excited. It does scare me sometimes, that he will break his beak!

mosemom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Casper is a carpenter, I swear ;) He can hammer a tune to rival Paul Bunyan! Then, he too, does the prison beak/tin cup slide. Then, he puffs up his itty bitty birdie chest and struts across the perch. If I were a female conure, I assume I'd be swooning. :rolleyes: :p

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
On a little different note, last night I watched a movie where some kid was standing on a sidewalk yelling "HEY, HEY, HEY..." I went into the birdroom, gave them breakfast and was on my way out of the room and Emmie CAG yelled "HEY, HEY, HEY........" I turned around and said "WHAT?" Emmie started laughing like my former roommate......

ConureCrazy2

Real Name
Yasmin
Bella does it when she's grumpy (i.e. when its Oliver's turn for playtime and they are in their cage) she taps her perches and the bars.

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
My Skye used to do that out of excitement. She was such a playful budgie, she would always hammer on her toys in play, especially toys that had a bell and made loud noises. Then she would try to fit through her hoop rings like an acrobat, hang upside down for a minute then start the cycle all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.