• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BIRD BLOOD IN STOOL

Should I consult a vet, or just give it a few days to see if anything changes...

• Consult a vet

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Give it time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brooke wikette

Meeting neighbors
I let him out again today, and he started getting all fussy with me. So he went and flew back in his cage and I put my hand in and he started to his. When I had him out of his cage he would sit on my hand for a little and then fly off but when he got back in his cage he got all grumpy and was hissing and trying to bite me. Is there any thing I can do to prevent this? And now he is all happy and chirping. :/

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's pretty common for birds to be cage territorial. I usually just let me birds come out on their own. Or you can entice him out by putting a perch near the outside of the door and hang some millet or a toy. Or you can try getting him to step up a perch.

brooke wikette

Meeting neighbors
Hey everyone again! Not to be annoying or anything but is it okay if I were to just ask some questions about cockatiels because when I search them I never find a straight forward answer and I think you people are pretty knowledgeable on these birds. :)

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
If you post in cockatiel corner, you'll probably get more responses!

brooke wikette

Meeting neighbors
Ok thanks! What do you do to get there lol i’m not super sure on how to use this webpage all the time... lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’d start new threads if they are different questions to the one in the start of this thread :)

@TikkiTembo has suggested the perfect place to put them so other cockatiel owners are more likely to see your questions....ask away, everyone here is very helpful if they know they answers you are seeking ;)

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
@brooke wikette , go to "forums" at the top of the page, then scroll down to "Cockatiel Corner." Then you can click on it and start a new thread.