• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
Sambuca is in a mood tonight. Korbels front toe and my middle finger. Sam went to bed early and is voicing his displeasure.

Cracked through the whole center of my nail. Little ouch.

View attachment 263040
OUCH sorry, that looks painful.

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Rhubarb went aggro for the first time...
IMG_6426.JPG
Sadly, she nailed one of my best friends while perching on that hand. Sheesh.
Click the little arrow by my name for the story:
Rhubarb celebrated the day by taking two pretty big chunks out of my very good friend.

Last edited:

Susannah

Strolling the yard
I Can't Stop Posting!
Wow, they are some nasty bites...I'm pleased our past Galah, 'Bill' didn't bite...I don't even like budgie bites lol ...saw a pair of Macaws last week, I've always wanted a hyacinth, but those large, large beaks have rather put me off owning one...IRNs are 'bout as large as I believe I'll go.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Rhubarb went aggro for the first time...
View attachment 271399
Sadly, she nailed one of my best friends while perching on that hand. Sheesh.
Click the little arrow by my name for the story:
Urg!! That's awful. I think it's worse when it happens to someone else and not you. I've been lucky and have been the only person my birds have bitten. I always worry about that though. I'm glad your friend is ok and handle it well.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
So, the day I met Slade (about a week ago) he did this. I knew he didn't want to step up but the foster really wanted me to try. Basically once she saw me take the bite it was up to me if I wanted him since she knew I could handle his issues. I know it's not as bad as some of the big bird bites but so far, its one of the worst I've had. He got my other hand too and left a nasty bruise on it.
20180225_184021.jpg

Susannah

Strolling the yard
I Can't Stop Posting!
I didn't know anything about these birds, so I've just read that even though they are small, they have a powerful beak. That is a horrid bite...hope he settles down soon for you.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
@Susannah He's doing pretty good already, no bites since home and takes treats and has asked stepped up once, he hasn't wanted to since. She had him for a year because of his biting issue but I saw how good he was with her and that he just needed a chance. I told my husband, you can tell when someone is a crazy bird person when they bring home a bird after they maul haha.

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I love my Linnie, Sebastian. Even when I've had to handle him, never a single bite. Ever. But Sunny WILL cut you, lol. Honestly, Arnold was a biter too. But I love all of them.

flappergirl35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer Beckman
I have some scars and bites too, mostly on my hands and fingers from my conure, Conner. He gets mad at me when I have to take him away from something he's not supposed to be doing. He's very dominant and spoiled, lol. I've learned to read his signals when he gets annoyed with me, and just leave him alone. If it's a situation where he could be hurt, I need to tea-towel it. He's bitten my husband, too, but I know he really does love us. Sometimes he'll nip a bit hard when he's preening me, but I just let him know by quietly saying, "ooouuuucccchhhh" and he backs off a bit. A little communication goes a long ways, but if they're startled, there isn't much you can do about it.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He was trying to make you happy again by marking you with happy faces in the hope that you'd see what a great mate and provider he'd be;). Dobby is constantly wooing my sister and driving her crazy but so far no bites for anyone.
Lurch on the other hand thought bites were a great way to correct any perceived slights or wrong doing as he saw it...:backout:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My fault. I didn't realize Zyda was right behind me when I turned around. I had my headset on and that startled her when I accidentally put it in her space. :facepalm: Worst bite I've gotten from her in ten years...
Oh no! That must’ve really hurt!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ouch. Bet that made your eyes water, hope it heals up fast for you.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yowzers! That ouchie must have really hurt.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

My fault. I didn't realize Zyda was right behind me when I turned around. I had my headset on and that startled her when I accidentally put it in her space. :facepalm: Worst bite I've gotten from her in ten years...
Ouch!!

If it makes you feel better, your eyes are beautiful!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

oooo... ow! I hurt for you! I've been surprised by Henry a few times but didn't get bitten.. and I wasn't wearing anything to block my hearing! I was bending over and when I started to stand up there he was... made my heart jump. So weird... but yesterday I was thinking about people with large birds that allow them on their shoulders and how easily one could give a nasty bite on the neck and maybe pierce an artery.. that would be dangerous!

I hope you heal quickly!

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Daytona decided my ear wasn't pierced enough yesterday.