• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Beside Myself with Excitement!

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
It is a species of parrot. They are very tiny and extremely cute :)
Don't forget to mention their personality! They are feisty little cuties and what they may lack in size they make up for in attitude..they can also be VERY sweet! But I believe they are the smallest species of parrot and are considerably smaller than budgies.

eleni

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Eleni (Ellen)
Don't forget to mention their personality! They are feisty little cuties and what they may lack in size they make up for in attitude..they can also be VERY sweet! But I believe they are the smallest species of parrot and are considerably smaller than budgies.
Sounds like someone has p'let fever! Love it :p And they are the second smallest parrot- the Pygmy parrot is the smallest! Here are some:
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
The last one looks like a mini senegal :rofl:

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Sounds like someone has p'let fever! Love it :p And they are the second smallest parrot- the Pygmy parrot is the smallest! Here are some:
View attachment 179895
View attachment 179896 View attachment 179897
The last one looks like a mini senegal :rofl:
Oh my that Pygmy parrot is so cute! Are they kept as pets??!! They look so tiny and :coffeescreen: At the last pic! I do have some parrotlet experience :D (the family I work for recently got one about a month ago..so far I'm his favorite :hehe: and of course he eats whatever I make him).

eleni

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Eleni (Ellen)
Oh my that Pygmy parrot is so cute! Are they kept as pets??!! They look so tiny and :coffeescreen: At the last pic! I do have some parrotlet experience :D (the family I work for recently got one about a month ago..so far I'm his favorite :hehe: and of course he eats whatever I make him).
I'm not sure to be honest! Although if they are, I would imagine they would be rare. Aww, that's so sweet! You are so lucky to have a parrotlet in your work environment! Working around animals makes the day so much more fun. When I recently did an internship at the inpatient psych unit in a hospital (which could get heavy at times), my favorite time of the week was when the patients would receive pet therapy and we would have dogs, cats, and even bunnies come in! And I'm not surprised he likes you, he probably senses you're a "bird person"...if only he knew how much you spoil Charlie and Bella he probably would hop into your bag and come home with you! :hehe: Although I'm sure his family adores him :)

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Welcome - what a sweet lil face in that picture. We should warn you about Victoria, though. She is just a teeny bit smitten with her girls, and she will lead on a bird toy shopping spree from which you may never return! :eek: @vmashley03

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Welcome - what a sweet lil face in that picture. We should warn you about Victoria, though. She is just a teeny bit smitten with her girls, and she will lead on a bird toy shopping spree from which you may never return! :eek: @vmashley03
You know just a teeny tiny bit :hehe: Thank goodness I just have the two of them...don't know what my bank account (or the sanity I have left) would do if I had your crew :shocked4:

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcomesign:

JudiNH

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
She is adorable!! I have a 3 year old green pacific parrotlet as well, named Molly. She's in my avitar picture, and I adore her. I also have a one year old green rump parrotlet little girl named Minty...so incredibly sweet. You will LOVE your little parrotlet...but beware...in about 30 seconds time, she will take over your entire house, and heart....you are doomed. LOL Enjoy her!! :heart:

HugeSmallThing

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tieraney
Oh wow, my original plan was to reply to everyone individually but I believe that would probably take up another page by itself! To start with all of you get hugs for being so friendly. Reading all of your messages really has made me smile.

I cannot wait for the twenty-second. I am not sure if she will come home that day or not, but I am ready for her to officially be mine. I am so thankful that the owner is holding her for me until then, but boy does it feel like it is just forever from now.

Although it does give me time to have a mini shopping spree on some toys for her and while I am doing that I have an excuse to also pick up a few more cat toys while I am at it. Heaven help me, the local Petsmart is getting most of my paychecks. I am going to need someone to follow me around with a spray bottle to keep me in line while I'm shopping for my babies. Common sense leaves me whenever I see all of the cool toys and gadgets that I can get them.

Right? I think that she has one of the cutest faces that I have seen. The head tilt in the picture stole my heart.

Delsin isn't even home yet and she already has me wrapped around her little toe.

Ifrit

Strolling the yard
She looks very sweet. But what is a parrotlet? It that a breed of a bird?
I am very new to the bird world :D
Its like a tiny parrot the size and shape of a lovebird. Very very smart, very very cheeky, love to snuggle and have these cute lil duck butts haha.

Ifrit

Strolling the yard
I wish the image will load on my computer! I'm sure she's adorable. enjoy your new lil baby!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
What a cute face :heart: