• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Beside Myself with Excitement!

HugeSmallThing

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tieraney
I am about ready to die with excitement. After years, and I do mean years, of waiting I will be paying for my Parrotlet on the twenty second of this month. Makes working at McDonalds worth it. Down below is my little cutie to be, look at that little cocked head! I am thinking about naming her Delsin.

She loves to be held, she will sit on your shoulders for hours if you let her. -Woman selling her.

That was a selling point for me. I know it will take time but boy do I look forward to bonding with her. I grew up having Cockatiels but have been bird-less for way too long, a home just isn't home without being serenaded by chirps and whistles throughout the day.

HugeSmallThing

Real Name
Tieraney
Thanks you guys! She is around three years old, I was originally looking for something younger but I fell hard for that little face.

TastyBeets: Your Einstein is just to die for! I have a major soft spot for Cockatiels.

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Welcome to AA! I love parrotlets and your soon-to-be baby sure is a cutie! I agree a home really isn't a home unless there you are greeted by birdie sounds (well in my case I have a squawk squad :hehe:)...and then they order you around and you cater to their demands :hellskitchen: :cleaningday: :scrubfloors2: :mariecleans:

eleni

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Eleni (Ellen)
Aww, you will love being a parrotlet mom! :heart: It's so much fun & you never get over how adorable they are!

HugeSmallThing

Real Name
Tieraney
VMAshley: Thanks! What a friendly site.

Yes. Between the soon to be bird greetings and my usual meows of greeting I will be coming home to the best sounds imaginable.

I see that you have an African Grey! -Cue Jealousy- Absolute dream bird. I fell in love with the breed thanks to Alex. The book his trainer wrote has a special place on my bookshelf.

Haha, the emoticons at the end of that cracked me up. You hit the core of the truth with those!

HugeSmallThing

Real Name
Tieraney
Eleni: I cannot wait to get that label! I was introduced to the breed a few years back and I've wanted one since. All I have heard about is the "big things come in small packages" type personality. Which is of course the absolute best.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Your soon to be new bird is adorable!

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
VMAshley: Thanks! What a friendly site.

Yes. Between the soon to be bird greetings and my usual meows of greeting I will be coming home to the best sounds imaginable.

I see that you have an African Grey! -Cue Jealousy- Absolute dream bird. I fell in love with the breed thanks to Alex. The book his trainer wrote has a special place on my bookshelf.

Haha, the emoticons at the end of that cracked me up. You hit the core of the truth with those!
I actually have two female African Greys now, Charlie (who is in my avatar) and Bella! They def keep me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way! I know which book you are talking about--finally got around to reading it about 10months ago while on a cruise :lol:And those smilies pretty much sum up my life :hehe: Well and LOTS of :merlieshops: :shopspree: :sws2: To keep the Grey Girl Gang happy

HugeSmallThing

Real Name
Tieraney
VMAshley: My paychecks are positively doomed to always go towards my pets. Everytime that I come home from shopping my cats dig through all of the bags because the spoiled snots just know that there is going to be something there for each of them.

Haha, if Charlie or Bella ever go missing I definitely won't have them -looks away with shifty eyes-

Isn't it a wonderful book? Should be stuffed down the throats of people who question animal intelligence. And I do mean that in the friendliest way.

Definitely the one throwing the money! I swear, the things that animal owners do for their "babies".

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
VMAshley: My paychecks are positively doomed to always go towards my pets. Everytime that I come home from shopping my cats dig through all of the bags because the spoiled snots just know that there is going to be something there for each of them.

Haha, if Charlie or Bella ever go missing I definitely won't have them -looks away with shifty eyes-

Isn't it a wonderful book? Should be stuffed down the throats of people who question animal intelligence.

Definitely the one throwing the money! I swear, the things that animal owners do for their "babies".
Haha if you can pry Charlie off me (she's my Velcro bird)! :hehe: I think anyone questioning bird intelligence should be hit over the head with Alex and Me, then forced to read it :lol: But yes the birds,like your cats, get super excited when a package arrives because they know 90% of the time it's for them! The vendors on this forum make it very hard to resist buying birdie stuff...and most people here will tell you I'm one of the worst enablers :lol:But in my defense the girls need lots of things!

HugeSmallThing

Real Name
Tieraney
VMAshley: Awh! How long have you had her for?

Haha, we could don our capes and together armed with the book we could be caped crusaders against the "birdbrained". -Whoo Whoo Pun Alert-

Right? It is in the official pet owner handbook that you just have to spoil your pets!

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
VMAshley: Awh! How long have you had her for?

Haha, we could don our capes and together armed with the book we could be caped crusaders against the "birdbrained". -Whoo Whoo Pun Alert-

Right? It is in the official pet owner handbook that you just have to spoil your pets!
I have had Charlie for about a year and a half..she has been this way since day 1 of being with me. Bella is quickly becoming more and more so (she is very independent still though), but I have had her just over 2 months. I see we think quite alike! :highfive: :dance4:I think I have just as much fun picking out/ordering toys as they do enjoying everything! Do you have birdie stuff for little Delsin yet or is she coming with her things? Preparing for a new arrival is so much fun!

HugeSmallThing

Real Name
Tieraney
I have had Charlie for about a year and a half..she has been this way since day 1 of being with me. Bella is quickly becoming more and more so (she is very independent still though), but I have had her just over 2 months. I see we think quite alike! :highfive: :dance4:I think I have just as much fun picking out/ordering toys as they do enjoying everything! Do you have birdie stuff for little Delsin yet or is she coming with her things? Preparing for a new arrival is so much fun!
Don't you just love that "Oh my goodness they love me" feeling that you get whenever they start coming around?

She is coming with her cage, but I have a bigger cage for her in storage at my Uncle's place in South Carolina that I bought forever ago telling myself that I would have a bird to go in it oneday it is pretty darn big. I am assuming that her bird cage will have some toys in it, but I am going to splurge a bit and get some extra treats and toys. But since I am getting her some I have to get my cats some new ones also so that it will be fair. But I enjoy shopping them just as much if not more than what I love shopping for myself. So I can't complain.

It really is loads of fun. I just dread informing my grandmother of our new arrival. She shares my apartment with me and I don't want to face the judgement that I may get when it comes to adopting another pet. I have my cats and turtles also, but the way that I see it is that if I have time for them all and the money to keep up with them it is okay. I just hate that feeling of someone questioning me. Am I just rambling or does that make sense?

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Don't you just love that "Oh my goodness they love me" feeling that you get whenever they start coming around?

She is coming with her cage, but I have a bigger cage for her in storage at my Uncle's place in South Carolina that I bought forever ago telling myself that I would have a bird to go in it oneday it is pretty darn big. I am assuming that her bird cage will have some toys in it, but I am going to splurge a bit and get some extra treats and toys. But since I am getting her some I have to get my cats some new ones also so that it will be fair. But I enjoy shopping them just as much if not more than what I love shopping for myself. So I can't complain.

It really is loads of fun. I just dread informing my grandmother of our new arrival. She shares my apartment with me and I don't want to face the judgement that I may get when it comes to adopting another pet. I have my cats and turtles also, but the way that I see it is that if I have time for them all and the money to keep up with them it is okay. I just hate that feeling of someone questioning me. Am I just rambling or does that make sense?
Oh I totally understand what you are saying! My SO and I own our own home and so everything has to be discussed before bringing home a new addition--thankfully he loves the girls almost as much as I do so it hasn't been hard to convince him but we won't be having any more additions for quite a while. As long as you provide a quality life for all animals and don't mind extra mess then I see no problem with it :D Just make sure on your bigger cage that the bar spacing is 1/2"..and you can never have too many toys :hehe: You can probably use her cage she is coming with as a vacation/travel cage.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I hope that you enjoy the site!

Matt

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. And boy does he look like a sweetheart.

Dagbjört

Moving in
Real Name
Dagbjört
She looks very sweet. But what is a parrotlet? It that a breed of a bird?
I am very new to the bird world :D