• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baylee died

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
This all feel so surreal :unsure1: :unsure1: Like if it’s a very bad nightmare and I will wake up and she will be there and she will be fine!:(:(
I have had moments similar to that. Where everything seem so surreal you can't really believe this is your new normal now.

I find things slowly get better and you learn ways of coping. It's definitely a real shock to your system thou and in the beginning everything is so raw. Everyone grieves in their own way :sadhug2:

Personally I really like this quote from Vicki Harrison

"Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim."

It's difficult but you'll find your way through it. Be kind to yourself because this isn't easy.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
:sad7:

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
She died in my hands :(:(:(:unsure1: today 40 minutes ago…i feel like my soul is broken in 1000 pieces. I think it was a stroke.
Oh no, so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is, my baby pineapple died a month ago today after suffering for two weeks with what we believe was a stroke, causing a neurological problem. I'm still struggling with it.

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Oh no! I understand that this could be a very, very tough time for you. It's hard losing a loved one! :sad11::sorrow:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so, so sorry. :sorrow:

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Oh no! I understand that this could be a very, very tough time for you. It's hard losing a loved one! :sad11::sorrow:
Yes it’s even harder when the day before she was eating and drinking water and pooping normal and it just happened completely out of nowhere :sad11: … heck even the same morning before it began she drinked water from my glass of water (like she always did because to her my glass was better than her water bowl in her cage) and pooped and then preened herself a little bit and that’s when it began… and about 2-3 minutes later she was gone:unsure1:
I don’t know but I feel I will never be the same again if I ever get another parrot I will be paranoid thinking that something will happen to it all the time :(. My anxiety will be high all the time I think.

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:sadhug2:

aniboo

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
ania
She died in my hands :(:(:(:unsure1: today 40 minutes ago…i feel like my soul is broken in 1000 pieces. I think it was a stroke.
I lost my beloved fid and best friend Harper from a stroke this month. He was only 5. May your little one rest in peace. Jesus loves you, fellow bird parent and internet stranger :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
:bighug: