• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Fynn has captured our hearts!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@faislaq he already has seen our home. I invited him and his daughter over the day we received Fynn so that he could see how I care for my birds, see the aviary, etc. etc. He assembled his cage for me, too. He and his daughter spent a good hour with Fynn in the aviary before they left. He tried his best to hold himself together as he said his good byes. Broke my heart to see him cry.

He said this was the first time his heart had ever lost a battle with his mind.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@faislaq he already has seen our home. I invited him and his daughter over the day we received Fynn so that he could see how I care for my birds, see the aviary, etc. etc. He assembled his cage for me, too. He and his daughter spent a good hour with Fynn in the aviary before they left. He tried his best to hold himself together as he said his good byes. Broke my heart to see him cry.

He said this was the first time his heart had ever lost a battle with his mind.

Wow, that's tough. I can't imagine how hard that was for him, but at least he knows he did the right thing.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He knew if he didn't rehome him very early on, that it would have become extremely difficult for him to do as time went on.

I definitely wasn't looking to bring in another bird, but felt he would have mentally battered himself for life had an unknown person assumed his care. I wanted to give him peace-of-mind.

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
For Fynn's sake, No!

That is what you can offer, nothing more.

Perhaps this sounds cruel, but that is not your problem. Fynn is yours now. And all you should care about is him, not her. And he don't need so see her, ever again!
I was thinking that you should stop sending pics if she continue to ask to see him. Better for her to letting him go, and those pics can remind her of what she has lost.

I come here rarely but just happened upon this thread as I know both parties involved. This advice is complete BS especially since your'e dealing with a baby. The Grey is not going to know one way or the other and is in a great place. It's no different than taking the bird to Home Depot and Lowes and seeing other people. I do that regularly and my birds don't pine for the people they see. Fynn wasn't in the previous owners care for very long. People put their birds in foster care for vacations longer than this bird was in his previous owners care. The previous owner is missing the baby - so what. I fall in love with a bird I see in a store and can't stop going back to see them. THat's why my house is full of damn birds.

A grey was rehomed into our care because his previous owner got married to a cow that won't have birds in her home. He had this bird for 10+ years. He comes over for visits regularly and Huey likes to see him. Huey doesn't appear to want to go home or miss him as he was cage bound at their place and I believe he much prefers the company of our other Grey and the myriad of aviaries he spends time in. I suspect that if and when the marriage to the cow breaks apart, Huey's former owner may want him back. We're both doing what's in the best interest of Huey so I have no problems with it.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Seriously! His feet are boats! They're as big as my macaw's feet!
You reminded me of a business trip to Jamaica courtesy of Fred's ex-employer @ one of those "all inclusive" resorts for families. We were going snorkeling and getting our masks & flippers. The nice Jamaican gives me my gear after looking at my feet, gives Fred his mask then leans over the counter, looks at Fred's feet (size 18) and announces to everybody: "Hey mon, you don't need no flippers".

If nothing else, Fynn should never have a balance problem.

Last edited:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Haha! That's for sure! He looks like he needs to grow into those boats.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Here's a recent picture of our cutie patootie. Very confident inquisitive little guy! He was hanging out with me while I was working fynn1.jpg fynn2.jpg on some computer stuff.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a darling! Too cute.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
He's a beautiful boy!! :xflove::heart:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
From 2018 09 10

Wants to drop by to see him.
For Fynn's sake, No!
I do send him regular updates and pics.
That is what you can offer, nothing more.
His previous owner is having letting go pains.
Perhaps this sounds cruel, but that is not your problem. Fynn is yours now. And all you should care about is him, not her. And he don't need so see her, ever again!
I was thinking that you should stop sending pics if she continue to ask to see him. Better for her to letting him go, and those pics can remind her of what she has lost.[/QUOTE]

I come here rarely but just happened upon this thread as I know both parties involved. This advice is complete BS especially since your'e dealing with a baby. The Grey is not going to know one way or the other and is in a great place. It's no different than taking the bird to Home Depot and Lowes and seeing other people. I do that regularly and my birds don't pine for the people they see. Fynn wasn't in the previous owners care for very long. People put their birds in foster care for vacations longer than this bird was in his previous owners care. The previous owner is missing the baby - so what. I fall in love with a bird I see in a store and can't stop going back to see them. THat's why my house is full of damn birds.

A grey was rehomed into our care because his previous owner got married to a cow that won't have birds in her home. He had this bird for 10+ years. He comes over for visits regularly and Huey likes to see him. Huey doesn't appear to want to go home or miss him as he was cage bound at their place and I believe he much prefers the company of our other Grey and the myriad of aviaries he spends time in. I suspect that if and when the marriage to the cow breaks apart, Huey's former owner may want him back. We're both doing what's in the best interest of Huey so I have no problems with it.
Today:
Sadly to call my post BS did make this happened: Never thought this would happen, but it has. | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
I hope you are proud of yourself now.. And I also hope that you never will call any of my post BS again.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What may work fine for some may not work well for others. Every bird is different. While it was not likely, there was a slim chance Fynn might have been fine with the visit. Now we know for sure. I know I may sound silly, but I always hope for the best. There's a reason my co-workers used to call me "Pollyanna". :shrug2:

@SterlingSL I'm sorry to hear Huey did end up having to be rehomed after all. And for such a silly reason! :( If I recall you'd said it wasn't even for a medical reason, only that she doesn't like birds? :sour: At least you were able to take him in. It's very nice of you to keep Huey for him in the event he does come to his senses. Otherwise, I've seen your aviary pics; Huey is set! Does he get along with Gracie?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hopefully Flynn gets over the ex's visit & can be his loveable self again///

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Eloy:

Your post is bs. I have nearly an identical situation. I let the owner come over whenever he pleases. Our Huey has reacted nearly the same. The difference is, Huey's former owner is not an emotional mess. He's a cop and has dealt with the worst people on the planet and can maintain an even keel no matter what's going on around him. If Fynn's former owner was the same you'd still deny him visits? Who's to know how the idiot humans are going to react. In this case visitations are going to be limited due to the former owner's inability to handle the situation. You can't possibly have forseen this.