• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Fynn has captured our hearts!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
We are so blessed to have Fynn in our lives! This little fluffernutter makes us smile and laugh. He's cuddly, inquisitive and already full of personality!
20180906_141657.jpg He LOVES the aviary! Working on recall, and he's doing great with it!
20180829_101516_1535562953333_001.jpg He can't figure out why he's unable to snatch up one of these delicious nuts!
20180826_145106.jpg
Needing a drink after devouring a few snow pea pods.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
His previous owner is having letting go pains. Wants to drop by to see him. Frankly, I think it's much too soon, and a bit more time needs to pass. I do send him regular updates and pics.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Wants to drop by to see him.
For Fynn's sake, No!
I do send him regular updates and pics.
That is what you can offer, nothing more.
His previous owner is having letting go pains.
Perhaps this sounds cruel, but that is not your problem. Fynn is yours now. And all you should care about is him, not her. And he don't need so see her, ever again!
I was thinking that you should stop sending pics if she continue to ask to see him. Better for her to letting him go, and those pics can remind her of what she has lost.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Eloy it's a little bit of a sticky situation. We 'met' on an African grey forum and went on to find out that we lived 13 minutes from each other. We've texted back and forth for a good year or so, over grey care issues that he'd been having.
Last weekend as I was preparing to leave town on my little vaca, he texted to see if he could drop by to see Fynn. This was 3 days after he'd relinquished him to me. I told him I was trying to get everything situated before I left, but he immediately read it as my cutting him abruptly off from Fynn's life. After half a day of back and forth harsh texts, he softened, admitting he was having a difficult time letting go, and that he needed to see him. That he has trust issues with people which he extended towards me in this particular situation.

My approach for him is going to be a slow 'cut the strings' approach. In time I know that things will get easier for him. This guy expected to have him for a lifetime, but soon realized after only 3.5 weeks that juggling 2 greys that didn't get along was way too much for him to endure. He loves this little guy and wants the best for him.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh Fynn IS adorable! I am glad you are using the 'cut the strings slowly' approach, as I think that sometimes works best, and since you have communicated with him for a year now, you probably have a sense of his personality. Great job! What a love your new baby is!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Here... I've thought of a few kind 'excuses' (facts) you can use.

Fynn is still settling in now.
I am still getting him settled in at this time.
Fynn is exhausted from so much activity.
I am exhausted from getting him settled in.
I am in a 'deep cleaning' the house mode and can't be distracted.
I have to run to the store.
I have to go to the pet store.
I have to go to the bar...
Okay... you get the idea LOL!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Haha! I've already used the 'running to Costco' store excuse!
I think he got the message after that turbulent string of recent texts. Otherwise he would have invited himself and his daughter over this weekend.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm glad he came from a loving home. I'll bet once he sees Fynn's new environment and how happy he is he will feel much better about his decision.