• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby B&G Weaning questions

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Here is Korbel's "Feed Me" video.

Gorgeous Macaw! Can you tell me the name of the singer and song in this video? I enjoyed the music.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Not mine - it's @macawnut's video

Captain50

Meeting neighbors
Just some updates. No real begging, occasionally does the slow head bob but only for a second or two. Hes still eating solid foods but mostly just small pieces of the walnuts and cashews, and a bit of the dried fruit. He will dine on my veggie/greens/pasta/baby food/oatmeal/soggy pellet combo mash by spoon in the evening so Im going to keep offering that. Isnt eating a whole lot which has me a bit concerned so I got his avian vet visit pushed up today. Breast bone decently filled out, a tad on the thinner side but nothing out of the ordinary for a bappy his age. Crop gram stain came back with a tiny bit of gram-negatives in the crop so hes now on an antibiotic, hopefully that may be part of the lighter appetite and I can get that cleared up. Fecal stains are good. He went in this morning without eating much beforehand so the vet tried administering the antibiotic in a hand-feeding fashion to see if he was still interesting in syringes, nope, he didnt want ANY part of the syringe.

Other than that, on the right path but to watch the weight every day and report to them the measurements. His take home weight last wednesday was 880g (in the evening so maybe full crop) and has been around 860-865g the past few days.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
He sure is a cutie best of luck with him :)