• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Are You Tailgating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have both the Samsung Galaxy for my tablet and cell phone -- love them better than my prior Apples :)
Really!

I thought nothing beat Apple. However, I'm at that point where I can replace the iPad or get a new computer and.... listening closely.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Really!

I thought nothing beat Apple. However, I'm at that point where I can replace the iPad or get a new computer and.... listening closely.
For me, I found that my Galaxy 8 model had a lot of the features that Apple was just now touting in their new versions, like face recognition, water and dust resistance, single swipe, etc. I also like that the Galaxy has a memory micro card slot so you can add additional memory -- especially given how many photos, videos we take -- and have them saved on a card instead clogging up your phone's hard drive. I find that the Galaxy camera and screen quality is a lot better, too, than the iPhones -- but I also have the design where the larger screen curves. And since I had the Samsung phone, it made sense to stick with a Samsung tablet as well.

For aesthetic reasons, I also like having a phone that has cosmetic features distinct from the iPhone -- easier to spot your phone at a dinner party :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
easier to spot your phone at a dinner party :)
True story: every time the designer was here during our remodel, either she tried to put my (rose gold iphone) in her purse or I tried to pocket her rose gold iphone. Finally I broke my screen just to tell the difference.

I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks for the details on the Galaxy 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.