• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are there Green Cheek Breeders in Lancashire?

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
They are beautiful :):heart: Do you keep them in separate cages ? I've been hearing so much advise about getting one or two birds. Most people say that two is best but unfortunately I can only get one for now. But maybe I can get another later. There might be problems though if they don't get on :huh: Anyway, I'll have to wait and see Do you have any other parrot species or planning to get any?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
They are beautiful :):heart: Do you keep them in separate cages ? I've been hearing so much advise about getting one or two birds. Most people say that two is best but unfortunately I can only get one for now. But maybe I can get another later. There might be problems though if they don't get on :huh: Anyway, I'll have to wait and see Do you have any other parrot species or planning to get any?
Yes the are in separate cages and they don’t really get on at the minute they can be out together and if one’s missing othe flys or flock calls to other but they fight if they are close I’ve been giving them time out together and time out on their own with me
I have a lovebird they just ingore each other but can happily be out together just have to watch if anyone lands of lovebird cage as she goes nuts

either way you go it one add one later or two together there’s no guarantee they will get on just got to work around it
Remi had enough attention and enrichment he was fine on his own I think he enjoys having pip to chat to and I think if they start getting on he will like a buddy but I think they will always have their own cage unless they are super bonded

honestly his birds are so well brought up you will be in love

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
Yes the are in separate cages and they don’t really get on at the minute they can be out together and if one’s missing othe flys or flock calls to other but they fight if they are close I’ve been giving them time out together and time out on their own with me
I have a lovebird they just ingore each other but can happily be out together just have to watch if anyone lands of lovebird cage as she goes nuts

either way you go it one add one later or two together there’s no guarantee they will get on just got to work around it
Remi had enough attention and enrichment he was fine on his own I think he enjoys having pip to chat to and I think if they start getting on he will like a buddy but I think they will always have their own cage unless they are super bonded

honestly his birds are so well brought up you will be in love
Have you ever listened to Parrot Bliss on YouTube? She gives great advice about all sorts of parrot species and always recommends getting two birds. Recently one of her birds died after she went on vacation. Although the bird was unwell before that, the separation was too much for it as it wasn't bonded to another bird. Something similar happened to my budgie. It's flock mate died and he became very bonded to me. Then when I went on vacation he got very sick. After many trips to the vet he eventually died. I was devastated. Bird Nerd Sophie on YouTube also recommends getting two birds. I just think it's too much for me at first. I've not had GCC before. I hope getting another bird later will be ok. Thanks for your suggestions and advice. It's great hearing others' experiences :) :thanks: