• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are there Green Cheek Breeders in Lancashire?

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
Hi, can anyone recommend Green Cheek Conure breeders in Lancashire, maybe near Lancaster? Any help much appreciated :)

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Uk ?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@Wardy posted the breeder they bought their conures from publicly, I'm sure

Here is the thread;

Icey posted the link farther down.

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
What do you need help with?
Hi I'm trying to find contacts for GCC breeders who hand rear. I live on the Isle of Man and the Lancaster area (or Liverpool/Wirral) is most convenient because of being close to the ports. At the moment someone in Wigan is trying to help me, but I'm not sure how that will work out. My problem is that I need an import/export license which can take up to 6 weeks. The application has to be made soon after the gender is identified. It's all a huge hassle and I have to depend on a breeder willing to help me. The other option is getting a rescue bird but I'm worried about behaviour/bonding issues.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
B n b birds facebook he’s in northwich manchester is where I don’t both my gcc from hopefully that’s not too far he won’t have babies until spring now though but I bet he would dna for you if you asked him

also there A,s bird nest on Facebook she’s in stoke on Trent though

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
The other option is getting a rescue bird but I'm worried about behaviour/bonding issues.
Just my two cents here. I have had two GCCs. The first, Duckie, I adopted when he was not quite a year old. The second, Paloma, I adopted from a rescue when she was 7 years old. I spent hours a day for years with Duckie and he was never anywhere near as cuddly and sweet and bonded as Paloma was to me. Behavior-wise, Duckie has always been high strung-strung and testy. Paloma was always easy-going and easily pleased. So don’t discount a rescue because you never know!

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
B n b birds facebook he’s in northwich manchester is where I don’t both my gcc from hopefully that’s not too far he won’t have babies until spring now though but I bet he would dna for you if you asked him

Thank you very much! :) I'll check them out.

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
Just my two cents here. I have had two GCCs. The first, Duckie, I adopted when he was not quite a year old. The second, Paloma, I adopted from a rescue when she was 7 years old. I spent hours a day for years with Duckie and he was never anywhere near as cuddly and sweet and bonded as Paloma was to me. Behavior-wise, Duckie has always been high strung-strung and testy. Paloma was always easy-going and easily pleased. So don’t discount a rescue because you never know!
Thank you very much! I'm still considering a rescue bird and I really appreciate recommendations and advise. Thank you :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
Maybe you could visit the rescue and meet the birds, seee if any click :)
Thank you :) Yes, if the other options don't work out, that sounds the best route to take. But which sanctuary? There are apparently a few in the North West :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
But which sanctuary? There are apparently a few in the North West :)
I am not sure, sorry. That is my home territory, but I am an expat and only delved into the bird world since leaving.

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb

Thank you again Emma&pico ! I got in touch with B&B Birds and on the waiting list for a GCC hand-reared baby! Excited :yahoo::excited2:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Thank you again Emma&pico ! I got in touch with B&B Birds and on the waiting list for a GCC hand-reared baby! Excited :yahoo::excited2:
Oh you won’t be disappointed his birds are amazing did you tell him I sent you his way

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
Oh you won’t be disappointed his birds are amazing did you tell him I sent you his way
I didn't give your name but I will if you like. I said he was recommended to me through the forum and he was very happy I will tell him Emma&Pico

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I didn't give your name but I will if you like. I said he was recommended to me through the forum and he was very happy I will tell him Emma&Pico
Oh no don’t worry about telling him I just wondered
You will love your new baby he’s very helpful too
Do you have a colour you would like or happy to pick when clutch is there

GabiIOM

Moving in
Real Name
Gabi Webb
Oh no don’t worry about telling him I just wondered
You will love your new baby he’s very helpful too
Do you have a colour you would like or happy to pick when clutch is there
I am hoping there will be a yellow-sided GCC, especially one with the darker head and beak, rather than the pale ones. B&B had a couple like this on his videos last year, but you never know what colors they'll turn out I suppose. At the end of the day, I'll be happy to have the little one :) Do you have one or two Green Cheeks?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I am hoping there will be a yellow-sided GCC, especially one with the darker head and beak, rather than the pale ones. B&B had a couple like this on his videos last year, but you never know what colors they'll turn out I suppose. At the end of the day, I'll be happy to have the little one :) Do you have one or two Green Cheeks?
I’ve got two from him remi and pip
IMG_7039.jpeg IMG_7468.jpeg