• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are there any powder coat cages that don't...suck....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy

Yea we did that with one and he ran like he saw a ghost when he saw how passionate we were! :lol:He should have got out his pad and paper and said Wow these people love their birds, I want to make cages that would make them happy. :D
To be honest, I think I might have run away too!! :lol:

That's too bad. Maybe he got the message and is off implementing changes :rolleyes:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you think we are the minority of bird owners who want their cages made in the US and wouldnt mind paying more even for powder coated? John from A&E sure scrambled out of here fast with our lists of wishes..:lol: Whats up with that?:confused:
Yes, I do believe we are in the minority.

I'd love all SS cages, however, I'm not going to throw good money after bad, and won't do SS unless it's high quality, like EH or NW. Until I can afford those types of SS cages, I have to stick with power coated cages and make the best purchases I can with what I've got to work with financially. I have one SS cage .. and Avian Adventures Grande. I got it off CL for around $300 .. it was a deal I just couldn't turn down. While it's a really nice cage .. wouldn't spend that kind of money on another .. just don't think the quality of SS is there .. that's my personal opinion though.

Lahdeedahdee

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Personally it does not bother me if the tray on the bottom rusts. I cover it with paper and my birds never ever touch it. I would donate it to your local rescue if you are not looking to get any money for it. I am sure they would appreciate it
This particular cage doesn't prevent access to the bottom tray. It was always covered with paper as well but began rusting when I switched it with the tray from the play top. Jumanji is a true paper shredder.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
i bought a powder cage 3 yrs ago for $85,00 yes the price is right it was new in box
play top opens, drop door on top, skirt to go around , legs o wasnt happy with as i have to keep moving it so took them off put a stand under it its 24x24x32high
am i happy with it yes easy to clean and no sign of rust
in my books it was a steal
who made it i dont know bought it of an add in free fi something 101_0166.jpg 101_0168.jpg

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I would love to have a rolls royce but unfortunately my budget doesnt allow it. ;) There are no mass marketed cages made in the US that are reasonably priced so we dont really have the option to purchase from US manufacturers. Until they do start making cages that are affordable for the average parrot owner I will be happy with what I can buy

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I admit, I haven't read this whole thread, but I want to add that I have a Prevue Cage Top cage. I absolutely love it. My mom bought it for my tiel and it was a mansion for him. It's the minimum size for Kiwi and I would like to get him something bigger, but cage shopping is frustrating. My current cage is 6-7 years old and there isn't one speck of rust on it. I wish I could find this exact cage, just bigger, but they seem to have changed the design :(

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I must be crazy i had a ss cage it was a good top quality cage but i hated it i let it go for $100.00 and am

not sorry i did the powder gade i have is easer to clean to me looks nicer i find the grass is always greener on the other side till you live there , ss is a pain to clean as it gets older trust me ill never owen one again

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I have several different brands - Kings, A&E, Avian Accents and Avian Adentures. None of them has ever rusted.

I love my AA cages but they show ever spec of dust and need to be dusted off daily. I use Poop Swoop Wipes or Poop Off Wipes daily for the upkeep. They are beautiful but definitely very high maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.