• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone have experience with Bearded dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hi Aleu,

that's because she's in Aus :) in Aus the best thing is Wood Roaches, they're much easier to breed than crickets.
You can also use silkworms, or kingworm larvae etc (although what you're saying might be the same ones with different names, apologies if so)

Momto3boys

Real Name
Brandy
I have a beardie, named Moose. He actually turned 3 yesterday :D
I seen someone mentioned mealworms....this is a big NO. Mealies can cause impaction in beardies because of their chitin (I think thats what its called). Crix are stinky and a complete pain, not to mention you'd go through thousands of them.

Roaches are the way to go :D I have a colony of dubia roaches and I also feed super worms and veggies.
Have you ever been to beardeddragon.org? Its a great forum just for beardies!!

Here's my Moosey boy :heart:

Here he is eating a horn worm, oh also ceramic tile is highly recommended for the floor of their tank ;)

After his bath one day

Doing his push ups haha

Here he is when I first got him.

Last edited:

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Hi Aleu,

that's because she's in Aus :) in Aus the best thing is Wood Roaches, they're much easier to breed than crickets.
You can also use silkworms, or kingworm larvae etc (although what you're saying might be the same ones with different names, apologies if so)
I'm not sure if they are the same ones lol could be? Silk worms are also a GREAT feeder! They are just pricey here in the states. So are goliath worms or whatever those giant greena dn blue ones are called.

Tay05

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kaleigh
I had one as a kid. Didn't know too well what I was doing but I must have fed her right cause she got HUGE. Not exactly the friendliest thing cause she bit me once and I never wanted to touch her after that. They do eat a lot of crickets which are kinda a pain to keep. And yep the set up is definitely expensive!

Veggieburger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Donna
I've been the proud owner of a bearded dragon for 5 years. I love them .. I know I'm late to this thread but I just joined... If I can be of help just let me know. I would highly recommend them as a new family member:dancing:

Veggieburger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Donna
Not to change the subject but I love love love your bird!!!! Omg what a beauty! I've never seen one like that before. Truly lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.