• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

All Good Things Must Come to an End, Rosie

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our sweet Rosie. Rosie passed last night, held by my husband telling her it was okay to go. I am so grateful that in her final moment she was taken quickly and surrounded by love.

Rosie lived 77 beautiful years. 5 more years than I expected, she gave us all the time she could.

Rosie was beautiful and well loved. She lived a great life and was surrounded by love in the end. I am so sorry for your loss.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a beautiful and loved girl she was. My heart goes out to all of you, I am so glad she was your girl for so long, and I know that there will be many excited Fids welcoming her at Rainbow Bridge! :sorrow:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I sent this thread to Dr Barb, I got a phone call within a few minutes. The clinic extends it's deepest sympathies to Sarah and Joe.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I was with Pilo this morning and he looked at me with such longing eyes, I felt like I could look into his soul! No doubt there was a similar connection with Rosie! I am so very sorry for you loss and can understand how much pain and grief you must be feeling right now! I am so glad that Rosie was greatly loved and could share so much of her life with you... God has her now and she is truly one of his special flock!

God bless you all for the love you gave her! :cry3::sorrow:

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

Mary Lynn, you gave us five more years with her. Five more years that we would not have had without you.

I am so sad but it is okay. I have no regrets. I did not miss anything, there was nothing that could have been done. It was her time and we were there with her. I could not ask for more.
:cry3:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I really haven't been able to say anything here. I know how much you and Joe loved and cared for Rosie and that she was the Grande Dame of your home flock. Rosie was that granny many of us have had who maybe didn't hear or see well and possibly needed a cane BUT when it came to mischief-making, that granny KNEW exactly who caused the ruckus, who was involved and what happened. It only took a look or a word to squelch anything. Rosie's gone home to her hubby, Greg, though neither you nor Joe will ever forget her. I can only send all of you many hugs.

I am very sad for you because Rosie, like grandparents and parents, even when elderly aren't expected to die. We know they're frail and elderly but not having them with us isn't something we ever consider. If Rosie was still working in early 2012 I might have met her. I do have the magnet with Greg on it which I got for my donation.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Rosie became all AA's bird, we loved her, cheered for her when she was sick, cheered even louder when she got better. Even though I never got to meet her, I loved her. She is part of the reason that I like working with the big beakers at the clinic.
So Rosie, beautiful girl, you may be gone physically from all of our lives, but you dusted all of us with feather dust that remains on our souls forever. Thank you being a part of our flock.

Last edited:

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
So sorry for your loss of Rosie, It is very hard losing them,as they become a big part of the fsmily.

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I am so sorry for your loss :sadhug2:(sending lots of hugs your way)
Rosie, you will remain forever in our hearts, and in our prayers...
Fly high, sweet rosie, fly high :sadhug:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss