• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

All Good Things Must Come to an End, Rosie

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I did not know Rosie, it sounds like she was a gentle soul. My sympathy to you and your family. :sad7:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry Sarah. As others have said she couldn't have had a better home. She was so loved and will be greatly missed. I'm glad you could be with her at the end. She had such a great life with you. Much love to you and your family ❤

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry for your loss of Rosie. She was VERY much loved and it was good that you and your husband were there with her when she passed. :sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
:crycry:I came home from shopping and had to recharge my phone. This was not the news I wanted to read.
Sarah and Joe, your loss of sweet Rosie, deeply saddened me. I always loved hearing/reading Rosie girl threads. She was such a special sweet girl and was lucky to live in macaw haven with all of you. Fly high and sweetly over that beautiful bridge, Rosie, you have so many friends to play with there. Greg is waiting just for you.
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever. .........:cry3::crycry::cry3:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no...I am so sorry...there have been so many losses this year...:sadhug2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry to hear about Rosie. From watching the video…what a beautiful and talented lady she was. I have no doubt she gave her heart as much as she received from you and Joe. God always picks the prettiest flowers … and now the heavens will shine a brighter color with all of her majesty. :sadhug2:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Sarah, I am so so sorry you lost Rosie! She was such a sweet, amazing girl, and you gave her such an incredible life full of love and joy.
All my love to you and Joe.
:sadhug2:
Fly high, beautiful Rosie.

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of beautiful Rosie.:sorrow: I’m sure she was very comforted having you both with her when she passed. Fly high sweet Rosie, and big hugs to you and Joe.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How sad, I never knew of Rosie but reading your announcement has brought me to tears. I am very sorry to hear of your loss and I really feel for you and your husband. I can feel how loved she was from the way you have written about her, I am pleased you were all there together for her final moments so she left peacefully knowing she is loved and cared about.

Hugs to you and your husband.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I’m so sorry for your loss of Rosie. She was charming to see pictures and videos of and I have no doubt she loved her life with you and Joe. :sadhug:

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm crushed to find this at 3 am, I can only guess at the loss your family must feel right now. She was such a huge personality and special bird. She touched a lot of lives through the show and your reach online, and inspired a lot of people to take notice of these beautiful birds. A unique soul even in a species where every individual member is trying to outdo each other in some way.
I will miss reading about her, thank you so much for sharing her stories and videos with us. AA is something different, where we can have an emotional connection to good people and a special bird we will never meet. She is deeply missed.

I'm so sorry.

For Rosie, I am glad she got to pass quickly and as peacefully as possible surrounded by those who loved her. I wish that for all companions and family, and hope I get to do the same. She got to live a long, wonderful life in one of the best homes with some of the best people a macaw could find. Her retirement to your home was well earned and filled with love.

Last edited:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Sarah I am so sorry for your loss. Rosie had a wonderful home with you and Joe I know you will both miss her very much!! :sadhug2::sorrow:

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
I am so, so sorry for your loss! :sorrow: Rosie touched so many lives in her incredible 77 years. She couldn't have asked for a better home than with you and Joe.