• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Advertising the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby

I have done to craigslist adds in their pet section. One for portland, OR and one for seattle, WA. Got a couple members that way I know.
I posted to my local craigslist in the pet section and it was removed 20 minutes later. Is there a trick to posting it without ticking people off?

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
If you have friends on other forums just ask for their email. TP has a spot in your profile that asks if there are any other bird sites you belong to. I put down this one, of course *** it out... Which is ridiculous since they're the ones who are asking.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Facebook, Blogs, Twitter, personal websites are all great tools. I added a link to my blog today and also a link to AA in my blog.

Kooky's Mom

Moving in
Real Name
Barbara
Not all bird forums are going to go nuts when someone mentions another great forum. As the owner of my own forum I know that I welcome comments and links to other good forums. To me the most important thing is that people learn all they can about taking care of their birds. If one site has something on it mine doesn't and a member brings back important information than that has benefited everyone.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I posted to my local craigslist in the pet section and it was removed 20 minutes later. Is there a trick to posting it without ticking people off?

I'm not sure I posted mine last night and it was still there a hour ago

Kooky's Mom

Moving in
Real Name
Barbara
There is no rhythm nor reason as to why CL ads are flagged. I have found that there are certain areas in the US that flag just for the heck of it and other areas where the post will stay for the duration. It's all just hit and miss with lots of misses.

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Thats awesome Rodney, I am about to set up the official fan page for AA as well. Ill come check it out!

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I posted on Kijiji for every town in my state - since they don't do a 'general' for the state

I also posted on Hoobly for my state - they do a 'general' area

and I'm going to post on all the towns for my state on craigs list - since my original one for my exact town is still there 4 days later

I also added it to the links section of my website. and going to add it to myspace and my Signature in my E-mail so it'll go out with every E-mail just like my link does for my website

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
I found out through Ginger.

She collected most of the active members email addresses when Jaden was stolen.

Maybe she could be a mass mailing?

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am going to post a craigslist add as well for my area of Fl.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
She did an awesome job I might add!

Thanks Alex
As you know I set up a basic page, people have been adding pics to it to brighten it up.
If you want to take it over as an admin just let me know and I will add you, I really dont mind.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Not all bird forums are going to go nuts when someone mentions another great forum. As the owner of my own forum I know that I welcome comments and links to other good forums. To me the most important thing is that people learn all they can about taking care of their birds. If one site has something on it mine doesn't and a member brings back important information than that has benefited everyone.
:hug8:Exactly. A very healthy perspective and keeping your eye on the whole reason we are here, to help each other. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.