• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A vicious pit bull

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
This is a public service announcement. You really have to be careful of those pit bulls they can be vicious, they won’t love you , and will never be excited to see you when you get home . They are just terrible. ( of course I’m joking ) 5B6198B0-6FC7-46F8-9CB7-7DED7C3400AA.jpeg

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I thought for a second this was serious when I saw the title, I thought o no here we go, but I was pleasantly suprised! I totally agree of course;) Awfull dogs, they can kill with their cuteness!

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
I thought for a second this was serious when I saw the title, I thought o no here we go, but I was pleasantly suprised! I totally agree of course;) Awfull dogs, they can kill with their cuteness!

My girl is a big baby she 9 months old and doesn’t have a mean bone in her body. I tell everyone my cocker spaniel is more likely to bite than her

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I met one at a friend's house (they took in a full grown one) and I was scared spitless. The dog went through a screen door to join us at the pond. When he got there (galloping with muscles rippling) he took my hand in his mouth and I thought I would lose all my fingers and never work again. He gave the hand back after slobbering all over my fingers.

He followed me that evening, just watching me constantly. I had a few drinks (pink squirrels), gave up sanity and petted him. He flopped on my feet..... belly up.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
They really are awesome dogs , but unfortunately the media has made them look and sound horrible, just like any other dog though they can attack but other dog breeds don’t make the news like pits do

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I love pitties! I much rather deal with a pittie at work then a shih tzu or yorkie. Heck my worst dog bite was form a toy poodle that lit my arm and fingers up and sent me to the hospital. My coworkers forgot to tell me the little doggie was cage brave.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I love pitties! I much rather deal with a pittie at work then a shih tzu or yorkie. Heck my worst dog bite was form a toy poodle that lit my arm and fingers up and sent me to the hospital. My coworkers forgot to tell me the little doggie was cage brave.
Are you a dog groomer?

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
This is a public service announcement. You really have to be careful of those pit bulls they can be vicious, they won’t love you , and will never be excited to see you when you get home . They are just terrible. ( of course I’m joking ) View attachment 272959

They can be dangerous.... I was almost licked to death by one once....

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
It's sad where I live As the Provence, wants to ban Pitbulls,and the ones in the shelters will be put down , also some will be used for animal testing Labs. Some of my friends ,Have pitbulls and they are gentle ,no mean bone in heir body .

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I met one at a friend's house (they took in a full grown one) and I was scared spitless. The dog went through a screen door to join us at the pond. When he got there (galloping with muscles rippling) he took my hand in his mouth and I thought I would lose all my fingers and never work again. He gave the hand back after slobbering all over my fingers.

He followed me that evening, just watching me constantly. I had a few drinks (pink squirrels), gave up sanity and petted him. He flopped on my feet..... belly up.

:pinklol: So glad you've been converted! They only flop belly up before they go in for the kill. :loltears:

...curious though... anything called a Pink Squirrel cannot be bad. :patrelax:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Yes for almost 10yrs and this last year cats too! Its a very fun job...sometimes lol
I was a dog groomer, way back in the early seventies. I did the scissor finishing. That's when I fell in love with the Afghan hounds, it was love at first sight with that breed. Over the years I've had them . My last Afghan hound (Omar) passed away in 2009. My first Afghan hound was a female I named Tazi,back in the day we had many fun adventures together, she lived to be 15years old. I thought you were a groomer from the way you mentioned the little dogs being worse than the big ones. It's funny because I have scaled down to the littles now. I have a pair of Shih tzu now and a Yorkie. I've always favored the big dogs , I had Doberman dogs and Boxers in between the Afghans. Now that I'm older it's gotten hard to care for large breeds especially when they get older,having to lift 80 pound dogs has become to difficult. I still do all my own grooming .
This is Ming...my Shih tzu boy
20171224_200124.jpg
This is Fudge...my little liver colored Shih tzu girl
20171224_205406.jpg
This is Jicky...my Jumbo size Yorkie boy
20150508_185349.jpg

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
@Just-passn-thru

I have only been lucky enough to have met one Afghan hound back when I first started grooming. The owners would have her brush out and her saddle stripped alittle but she was a wonderful dog and so behaved. They are so beautiful you don't see them around my area at all. Your peanuts are soooo cute! I can't wait for Miley hair to get long enough for pony tails. Fudge and Ming have total grump face I love it! I always said I wouldn't own a dog I had to groom but ended up with 3 xD.

This is Miley we just adopted her from a old couple. She has alot of health issues for being only 6yrs old but she is a good girl and my mom loves her. She is a monster to groom though. 20180329_225017.jpg

Mr. BooBoo my parents 18yr old Havanese. He is the best dog we have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Just lost one of his eyes so we call him Captain BooBoo now. FB_IMG_1522378942896-1.jpg

This is my dog Pikachu. I leave his hair alone. I like him all crazy looking x3 he gets feet neaties and eye scoops that about it. Screenshot_2018-03-29-22-59-18-1.png

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Oh no, RUN!
She's trying to hypnotize you to lure you in for the kill!

Some breeds are just deadly and should be locked away. I was mauled by a German shepherd last year. :(

(several times actually. :shifty: Little turd didn't stop landsharking until he was around 7 months old)

I've never met a human-aggressive pibble. They've always been the sweetest, most loving dorks who don't understand they are 50 pounds of muscle with a brick for a head like @Clueless story.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I have only been lucky enough to have met one Afghan hound back when I first started grooming.
Their not popular like they were back in the 60's and 70's, they were considered the "hippy's dogs"
:flowbug: Your Fur Babys are adorable...Captain Booboo looks good for his age, that's an impressive age for a
canine. I can see you take good care of your animals. Hope to see you around the forum! :)

Last edited: