• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

11/12/12 RIP Maxy Mayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayjamyers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
dayja
I can write about it so I know im healing - It was sometime in the morning while I was on the phone with my mother when I glanced over to see Max (my boy chihuahua) having a violent seizure in the kitchen. I imediately ran to his aid, I think it was almost a minute long. I bathed him and he ate some wet food I put on his sweater and cuddled him till he was completly relaxed, this is his first seizure and the first time i had ever witnessed something like that. But I remained calm and call my vet cousin for some advise. We decided to wait it out (which was a mistake) to see how he does. About four hours pass and I tuck him in on our couch to take a shower. This parts hard for me to write- while i was in the shower i heard a loud thud and i look out Max is seizuring on the bathroom floor( i think he started in the living room and went to find me :( and pushed his way through to the bathroom) this one did not stop after a couple of minutes i called my nana for a ride to the clinic - i knew what i had to do. I am studying mortuary science in college and even with the grasp on death that i have i never imagined how hard it could be. The vet techs had to dope him up on valum to slow down his seizure enough to put him down. I just held him and kissed his head telling him its time to be free of his sick body. I adopted Max when he was an estimated 6 that was in 2009. I cant begin to tell you the love he showed me and all that he gave my life. I took him home and buried him under my favorite tree. I once heard animals are servants in this world to teach people how to love - I miss him so much but im at peace because i know hes not suffering. ( thanks for reading give your babys extra kisses for Max)

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I am so sorry for your loss :sadhug2: Run free Max.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so sorry for your loss.:(

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so very very sorry for your loss :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry for your loss.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How sad:(sorry for your loss.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I'm very sorry for Your Loss:sadhug::sadhug::sadhug:

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
So sorry:sad7:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry for your loss.:(

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Oh Dayja, you gave Max some of his happiest years of his life since 2009, and it seems that he knew this too. Doggy devotion is often underestimated, but not much compares to the depths and openness of canine love. We obtained our two dogs as adults from Rescue organizations, and their devotion is endless, despite only having them for a few years.

I can sooo relate to your relationship with Max. I cannot imagine losing either of our dogs. They do leave a big empty space in our lives, when they pass, because they infiltrate themselves into our lives so vigorously. Take solace in the knowledge that Max was with you when he passed, knowing full well how much you loved him.

You gave Max your final gift of life: A painless existence. He now exists in your heart and mind, never to be forgotten :heart:

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
I am very sorry for your loss :sadhug2:Chihuahuas have a special place in my heart, my chi "Lola" is going on 8 yrs old

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am so very sorry for the loss of your very beloved Max. :sadhug2::sadhug2:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne