• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

1 more pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Denise, thank you! I think she's settling in pretty well. She was prone to screaming at her old home (one reason she lost it) but here she's stopped doing it. I have seen her preening, and she's talking, eating, and seemingly behaving very contentedly. She's no longer screaming every time I leave the room now. As long as I'm home, she has all day out of cage and I think that being caged most of the day may have been part of her screaming issue before.

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
she is a big girl, but a georgeous one. Just look at that beak...but she truly is a princess :hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
No kidding!? Wow! I had absolutely no idea about all that!! Thank you for the info Mercedez! :hug8: Now, my next question....what do you mean about males having red eyes? I'm such a newbie to all this! LOL!
Oops, did I say that?:o:

Let me clarify :)

*FEMALE* sexually mature cockatoos, typically the white cockatoos, as well as the RB2 and MM2s have red eyes. I am not sure about the black cockatoos.:confused:

But I have yet to see a female M2 with red eyes. They have brown eyes, and so do the males.:shrug3: But I have to admit I havent paid too many M2s the kind of attention I do with the actual white ones. But going from a few I was close to, including Beeba, they have brown/black eyes just like all the males.

When I helped handraise a few baby U2s, the baby female U2s seem to have a noticable different eye color until they reach 2-4 months of age, and then their eye color is black just like a male until 4-6years of age. Typically red eyes comes in about 4-6 years of age. But it will vary depending on the quality of life and care and food she eats. I have met some females with brown/red eyes and other females with bright ruby colored eyes.

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thank you Iskra and Vicki!

I just misunderstood ya Mercedez, but I totally thank you for further clarifying that. Macaws are soooo much easier to figure out! :lol: I will, however, persevere so I can give Baby the best home I possibly can! The help and info I get from you, Mercedez, and ALL of you guys is invaluable to me and so very much appreciated! I'm tellin' ya...I'm gonna drive you guys nuts with incessant questions! :hehe:

hotfoot jackson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Not sure about the eyes on black cockies but the girls can be told by the spots on their black feathers and a bar pattern on the underside of the tail....a bit like lady cockatiels. Corellas (eastern longbills,western longbills, and little corellas) all have brown eyes...no help that they keep their secrets!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, definitely missed hearing about you adopting a M2! CONGRATULATIONS!
She is absolutely gorgeous :)

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Sue, I find 'Toos to be full of secrets! LOL! I'm trying to figure this girl out, but I have a feeling I will never be fully sure about what is going on inside her little feathery head. :D
Natalie, thank you! My friend offered her to me out of the blue, so Friday DH and I went to pick her up. I think I'm still as shocked as you are! :lol:

nellysmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diane
I'm a sucker for TOOs. Big,small,white,black pink I don't care. Plucked or not. To me there is nothing like the love of a TOO. Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.