• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

1 more pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meredith
Finally was able to get a full body shot of Baby yesterday so I thought I would share. She was in the process of annhialating a poplar branch and twigs. :D She obviously was insulted by the sign about the "attack macaw" (after all, SHE is a princess and not to be confused with the macaw riff-raff) so she tried to shred it! :hehe:

Attachments

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
AWWW Great shot:hug8:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Haha, she's wants you to put up a sign that says "This house is ruled by a cockatoo princess." :lol:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,she is so pretty.

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thanks guys! She's an entertaining little thing! LOL! And Allison, no doubt! I'm gonna have to find a sign just for her! ;)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
She is adorable, and looks like a big gal! How old is she? How much does she weigh?:D

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Such a lovely girl! Cockatoos are so beautiful.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
She is beautiful and definitely enjoying her wood branch!

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thank you everyone! I'm beginning to feel a little more comfy around her....she even hung out with me while I watched TV earlier! :dancing: I'm still trying to figure out cockatoo body language, but I'm learning (I hope). ;)
Mercedez...She's about 8 years old. She is a fairly big girl, but I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs at the moment.
Here's a pic I took of her earlier....she was absolutely thrilled that I hung the sweet pepper for her. She devoured almost the entire thing in a very short amount of time! :p

Attachments

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
What a sweetie. You can't help but fall in love when you look at them 'too eyes. :swoon:

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thank you! :D I'm really starting to get attatched to her.... I don't know that the feeling is mutual, but I have all the time in the world for her. When I take her to the vet for for her health check up, I am going to have her DNA'd. I think knowing the actual gender may be an important part of understanding her/his/(whatever) psyche. :lol:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thank you everyone! I'm beginning to feel a little more comfy around her....she even hung out with me while I watched TV earlier! :dancing: I'm still trying to figure out cockatoo body language, but I'm learning (I hope). ;)
Mercedez...She's about 8 years old. She is a fairly big girl, but I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs at the moment.
Here's a pic I took of her earlier....she was absolutely thrilled that I hung the sweet pepper for her. She devoured almost the entire thing in a very short amount of time! :p
M2s seem to have the size of a stomach as a cow.:p Beeba will eat and eat and eat... try a mixture of veggies, and see how she likes it:cool1:

I saw in another post, you are having her DNA'd. I have a feeling your girl is a girl :) Her face and Beak look very much like Beebas, nothing like a male M2. Just a hunch. Good luck at the vets!:hug8:

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Thank you so much Diana! :) Your little 'tiel is quite adorable as well!
Mercedez...you will have to explain the difference in beaks! LOL! I've been reading everything I can about M2's and I haven't come across anything that covers the beaks in relation to gender. How can you tell?
She does eat alot. In the morning she gets her pellets, which she makes quick work of. In the afternoon she gets a "salad" with fresh fruits and veggies which she not only gobbles down, she decorates the floor with some as well. At night I'll either give her something I cook up specifically for her or share some of my dinner with her. I have to agree that her stomach and appetite are HUGE! :hehe::hehe:
I thought it would be fun for her if I hung the pepper up. I think she liked it that way, too! :D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Female Cockatoo's beaks are typically a lot smaller when compared to a male. When Beeba is side by side by a male M2, her beak looks petite and small. I have noticed this with all the "white" purebred cockatoos (Umbrellas, Mollucans, Sulfur crested, Goffins). Typically female cockatoos are smaller than their males. And if their body size is the same, or a male is unusually small, the beak and toenail size and head size is what you can look at to tell them apart. Well this is what I use. Female M2s dont typically have red eyes compared to the other white cockatoos. (Eye coloring in the many female cockatoos sets them apart from the males as well).

Last edited:

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
She's beautiful! Looks like she's settled in perfectly. :)

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
Female Cockatoo's beaks are typically a lot smaller when compared to a male. When Beeba is side by side by a male M2, her beak looks petite and small. I have noticed this with all the "white" purebred cockatoos (Umbrellas, Mollucans, Sulfur crested, Goffins). Typically female cockatoos are smaller than their males. And if their body size is the same, or a male is unusually small, the beak and toenail size and head size is what you can look at to tell them apart. Well this is what I use. Female M2s dont typically have red eyes compared to the other white cockatoos. (Eye coloring in the many female cockatoos sets them apart from the males as well).
No kidding!? Wow! I had absolutely no idea about all that!! Thank you for the info Mercedez! :hug8: Now, my next question....what do you mean about males having red eyes? I'm such a newbie to all this! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.