• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The worst email I've ever been sent.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
About thirty seconds ago, a notification came up on my phone about an email I'd been sent, titled "About Taco". The name wasn't familiar, but since I had corresponded with Taco's old owners through Kijiji I knew they'd have my email, so I assumed it was from them.
As it turns out, it was from a family friend's son.
And it is, without question, the most horrific thing I've ever read.

I don't want to post the actual email because it's nightmarish, but it details abuse that Taco and Trixie (his past mate, either a greenwing or a scarlet) endured in their old home. They were put out on the porch and had buckets of water dumped on them in the winter, they were hit with sticks when they screamed or lunged, they would be forced out of their metal nest box by their owners banging on it, they were left without water, they were forced into a tiny dog kennel when they didn't breed, they had a chick forcibly removed and killed in front of them, and several more things I can't even bear to say.
Trixie had a hole in her chest and no feathers on any part of her body but her head when she died.

I knew Taco was neglected; that was obvious by the conditions he was in when I took him. But I never could have imagined this kind of abuse. I'm at a loss. I want to cry. I want to kill them. I don't even know how to handle this.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:crycry:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
WOW! Where do I begin???
If he knew all this why didn't he call the authorities and do something about it...
That is just sick. Words can't express how disturbing this is. :atomic:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
IF Taco's owners no longer have birds and/or you don't plan on taking any of their birds, you should forward just the content of the email to them. Tell them it was sent to you by someone who knew them in the past (to avoid any connections). Depending on how Taco is behaving and/or adjusting you now know the background to his behaviour or attitude. Sadly.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awful!!!!! :faint:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
WOW! Where do I begin???
If he knew all this why didn't he call the authorities and do something about it...
The biggest problem I've noticed with the authorities almost anywhere is that if the birds have food and water, nothing is done. They have basics and they don't need anything else which, as responsible bird parronts, most of us know doesn't cut it.

And the higher powers don't listen to what they are told by the witnesses. It's all hearsay unless you've got a dead body in front of you unfortunately.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:sad4: There are no words... or excuse for that kind of abuse. I'm so sorry Taco had to endure that. Thank God he's in a safe place now

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
WOW! Where do I begin???
He did mention in the email that he wrote up a report to the humane society, but apparently nothing came of it. They probably lied their way out of trouble or some BS.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Poor Taco. He is so lucky you removed him from that horrible house. No bird should know the misery he is too familiar with. So pleased you have so much love to give him, he deserves it.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
OMG, I want to puke. How horrible, it's good that you have him now. You can work thru the baggage that comes with former homes. Lots of patience, baby steps little tiny baby steps.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Slitting those former owners' throats would be "Justifiable Homicide".

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
That's absolutely terrible... I'm so sorry for Taco and Trixie for what they went through... people can be so terrible. I'm glad that Taco found his way to you, and fly high, Trixie. That's horrific to hear what they went through, I'm glad that his story got so much better when he landed with you.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just can't stop thinking about Trixie. What sort of unimaginable terror did that poor macaw go through before she died? How did she die? What if she was killed right in front of Taco, just like their chick? God. How could someone do this?
My poor boy. He's such a sweet, playful, affectionate bird and it kills me to think about what he's seen and felt in his life. I can't even comprehend how he can look at me after what humans have done to him, and ask for kisses and scritches and trust.

How much blood did I wash off Taco's cage alongside years of rust?

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
The best thing you can do is work thru the terror that he has suffered. His former owners need butt whooping. But Taco is in better home and as long as you work daily thru issues. He knows that he loved by you.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
What a heartbreaking past... I'm at a loss for words... I can't imagine how it is that people can be so cruel...
:sad6:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Those so called humans should be in prison with hardened criminals. I hope the man upstairs saw this and will lock the gates when they arrive. How did you feel after you read that? It's unbelievably evil behavior.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I just went back and read your adoption thread for him. I’m crying and all to pieces.

Poor birds. How in the world ——HOW can people be so cruel????

So glad he’s yours now. :sadhug2:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well you can try to follow up the report to see why nothing was done. Don't think the person is lying.

Just hope they endure maggots eating into there eyes & brain for an eternity for there pure sick perverted evil!

Last edited:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am SEETHING inside. OMG that is pure evil! I want to string them up by the you know what, dump water on them and turn them outside naked to freeze over.

May karma be especially unkind to them.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I just can't stop thinking about Trixie. What sort of unimaginable terror did that poor macaw go through before she died? How did she die? What if she was killed right in front of Taco, just like their chick? God. How could someone do this?
My poor boy. He's such a sweet, playful, affectionate bird and it kills me to think about what he's seen and felt in his life. I can't even comprehend how he can look at me after what humans have done to him, and ask for kisses and scritches and trust.

How much blood did I wash off Taco's cage alongside years of rust?

Sometimes you just can't even believe how cruel, abusive and totally heartless those human animals can be.
I surely know what you mean about questioning how can he even look at another human after what those horrible idiots did to him.
Thank God he is with you now, and poor Trixie and her chick are at the bridge with no more abuse, ever. I cannot imagine it, I really can't. There are not enough sad face emoticons for this.