• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The worst email I've ever been sent.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hes safe, with you now. You cant change the past, as much as you/ we wish we could. Trixie and her baby are free, flying in the rainbow bridge ..evil rotten people get what's coming in the end..I truly believe this,, thank you for helping him.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I thought of something while brushing my teeth, how did the person that wrote this horrible email get your email addy? Just wondering?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I thought of something while brushing my teeth, how did the person that wrote this horrible email get your email addy? Just wondering?
I literally have no idea, that was my first thought when I realised it wasn't the owners. I haven't emailed back to him because I'm still kind of in shock by what he sent, but if I get up the nerve I'll ask.
Maybe he asked for my email but didn't say why he wanted it? Or he used their computer?
I dunno but it's freaky.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
The most cowardly, inhumane, mean, nasty, homicidal, evil and cruel races are a minority of humans! Worse even still is that they are not satisfied with these traits to their own kind but will apply this cruelty towards intelligent and sentient animals (breaks my heart even more when applied to fids) as well! In the end... they will have to face up to those evil deeds and will face the consequences, but they still leave behind so much carnage in their paths! Its a sad fact of life!

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I had thought the exact same thing at first when I read this thread. It's not like he was going to tell the owners he was going to send you an email himself and let you know how they mistreated the birds....

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Some people are just a level of evil there are no words for.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Why would they kill a chick worth at least $1000? Especially if they were using him as a breeder. Something smells fishy...

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Maybe he'd hoped to get Taco "for free" if nobody had shown up to buy him.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
To me, it sounds a little shady. Yes you know that Taco is afraid of water, but my Rocky was the same way. He never had buckets of water dumped over him. He was sprayed with water from spray bottle and squirt gun when he was loud. Loud, he was never that loud. Pfffft
I am NOT trying to defend horrible, bad behavior, but some thing that cruel sounds kinda made up.JMHO....

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Try not to think about the email. As others said, who knows how much is true. Taco has a wonderful home now and is very loved. I'm sure he appreciates every day with you.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it possible that this "family friend's son" has an ulterior motive and isn't being honest?
Yeah, I'm really starting to question a lot of this. He said that the chick was killed because it had splayed legs, but isn't that relatively easy to fix in young chicks?
This whole thing is starting to reek of dishonesty.

But I really can't figure out why he'd send me this whole gruesome, terrifying email for no reason, other than to....I dunno, make me cry??
It is clear to me that Taco is deathly afraid of sticks, so I did suspect that maybe someone hit him or his cage, but everything else is definitely hard to prove. And the old owners showed me a picture of Trixie before she died, and she was definitely featherless, but I didn't see a hole in her chest. Unless the photo was from before she started mutilating her flesh.

It's all too creepy and disgusting!! What the heck is going on.
And seriously, how did he get my email? I was wondering last night if it was actually the old owners who sent it, but that makes even less sense. "Yes, it was us, we abused and mutilated our macaws! Muhahahaha!"
Like what the frig.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Splayed legs are very easy to fix when the baby is young. They could have taken it to the vet and had them do it and still turn a nice profit. Or sold it to a professional to correct and sell. I just don't see anyone throwing away money like that (not to mention the cruelty).

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
It may be a kid who got your email off their computer and is just doing this to "troll" (read: emotionally devastate) you.

Last edited:

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Not to mention that giving birds a poor diet, hitting them, freezing them, banging on the nest box, etc. are all sure-fire ways to make sure they don't breed. Birds breed when they are bonded to their partner and feel secure and well-fed. Anyone who spent hundreds or thousands on macaws with the intent of breeding them (which itself would yield thousands of dollars) should know this. Maybe I'm just overestimating humanity though...

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I'm not saying it's all true or all lies but I wouldn't trust a word this person says.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
It is strange... now that I think about it, there wouldn't really be a lot of reason to send something like that email to begin with. Did the writer thank you for saving Taco? Or just describe the abuse? You'd think that would be an email someone would send if you were still contemplating buying the bird just to urge you to buy him, not afterwards when he's with you. And as even you have pointed out, them even getting your email to start with is a bit... suspect.
It's a nasty thing to send because there really isn't anything that can be done about it. He's safe and happy now, and that's what matters most at this point.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I never could have imagined this kind of abuse. I'm at a loss. I want to cry. I want to kill them.
And if it's true we'd all love to join you. angry-mob.gif

Is it possible that this "family friend's son" has an ulterior motive and isn't being honest?
Yeah, I'm really starting to question a lot of this. This whole thing is starting to reek of dishonesty. But I really can't figure out why he'd send me this.
And seriously, how did he get my email?
I wonder if the sender could have misinterpreted what they think they saw? I agree that most of those horrible things just don't make any sense. I'm not buying the buckets of water anytime, let alone winter. I don't think they'd've lived through that. Buzz's old owner would wheel his cage outside and spray his cage with the hose on a gentle spray setting to give him a bath when it was warm. "Buckets" could mean "lots" like a quantity. And sadly I have heard of people hitting cages with sticks (Scott's afraid of sticks for that reason) And the other offenses may have been an on-lookers interpretation of ill-advised techniques. Even watered-down versions of those stories would be enough to start Trixie mutilating (doesn't sound like Taco plucked her, I don't think, because her head had feathers?), if they wanted them out of the nest box for some reason and were using the sticks to get nesty macs to step up, etc. Could something like that be what they thought they saw? Or since it's a son of a family friend, it could be like a bad version of the telephone game & he never actually saw anything, just extrapolated whet he'd heard from his parents who may not have understood what they saw to begin with.

Or like @Matto suggested, perhaps he's just a sicko himself and he's just trolling you.

Last edited:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I literally have no idea, that was my first thought when I realised it wasn't the owners. I haven't emailed back to him because I'm still kind of in shock by what he sent, but if I get up the nerve I'll ask.
Maybe he asked for my email but didn't say why he wanted it? Or he used their computer?
I dunno but it's freaky.

There are such wackos out there nowadays, who knows... but, I think maybe I might just pretend I had never seen this email and not reply to them. I had a text earlier from some number that I did not know that just said "Can I call you later?" Obviously a fishing expedition for someone, I know not why, but if it was anyone I knew, they would just call, rather than ask that... it was begging me to say "Who IS this?" I think. I didn't bite, I just ignored it. ::: Sigh ::::